I now there are alot of these threads but I need help picking some amp since I have come into some money.

I want something about 600$USD or less.
I really like the bugera 333xl combo and the bugera 6262 combo.

What im looking for is an amp 50-120 Watts, tube and 3 channels 2 if its really good.

The thing I like about the 333xl is the the chrunch can be really heavy so that it could be used as my rythm then I can switch to lead or boost.

I play alot of metal and not alot of cleans but I still need it. I want something that I can get really heavy but still very clean when it comes to playing single notes.

Think high gain amps.

Thanks for the help.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
marshall valvestate. tube-solidstate combo.
2 channels but the overdrive is brill.
they dont make them anymore but theres plenty of secondhand 1's going
A bugera would be much better than a valve state especially if its for metal.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Bugera amps are said to be unreliable, but I don't own one so I'm not one to talk. The B-52 AT-112 gets a lot of praise around here, you should check that out.

EDIT: Don't get a Marshall Valvestate, the other day I tried one and it was definitely not a pleasurable experience, especially not for metal.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by Zoso1994 at Aug 16, 2009,
Go used. You can get you a 5150 combo on ebay for close to that. Its going to sound a lot better than anything you'll buy new and if you decide later you want something else you can just sell it and get all your money back.
Is there anything that will give me a super heavy disrotion in standerd or drop d. Iv looked as some suggested and they don't "do it for me"..
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
What about a crate flex wave or something. They any good?
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
What about a crate flex wave or something. They any good?

No, terrible actually. Pretty much avoid high wattage solid states unless its a vetta.

Theb-52 at112 is good, but you could get a used 6505 combo.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
No, terrible actually. Pretty much avoid high wattage solid states unless its a vetta.

Theb-52 at112 is good, but you could get a used 6505 combo.

Do they make a half stack version.

It doesn't have to be a combo but the bugeras are because a half stack would cost more than 600$
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
They make a head and cab version yes, but then it will be more expensive, is there a reason why you want a half stack? Generally with half stacks unless you have a big budget, they aren't gonna be good.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I am liking the B-52- At-110

And I want a half stack for playing band practices and gigging and stuff like that.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
wait for the 6505+ 1x12 combo to come out?

less then £600 with good cleans for a high gain amp.
Last edited by mikey_360 at Aug 17, 2009,
What about the b52 ls-100 is that any good. since the at-100 is like 800$
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Not as good at the at 112 combo. A combo amp will be more than enough for gigs and practice. Seeing how at gigs most peope just mic up anyways.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Pretty much avoid high wattage solid states unless its a vetta.
Quote by Zoso1994
EDIT: Don't get a Marshall Valvestate, the other day I tried one and it was definitely not a pleasurable experience, especially not for metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEPnGUPc5s... is a Marshall Valvestate I'm pretty sure. Also this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt0338noICM

TS, go used. You'll find more for your money. If you can't, a B-52 AT-112 or a Bugera (6260) would do what you want.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 17, 2009,
I found on ebay a used B52 at-100 that I like alot more that the at-112. I think I might go with that.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
I found on ebay a used B52 at-100 that I like alot more that the at-112. I think I might go with that.
If you're going used, don't get that!

You can find a used Peavey 6505/5150, Peavey XXX, Peavey Ultra, Peavey VTM, Peavey Butcher, Mesa Boogie DC-3, Marshall JCM900, or Carvin X 100B for under 600USD.

You can also get a Line 6 Flextone, but that's a solidstate.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
If you're going used, don't get that!

You can find a used Peavey 6505/5150, Peavey XXX, Peavey Ultra, Peavey VTM, Peavey Butcher, Mesa Boogie DC-3, Marshall JCM900, or Carvin X 100B for under 600USD.

+1
More Watts DOES NOT EQUAL BETTER
Half Stack DOES NOT EQUAL BETTER than combo

All I'm saying is don't choose one amp over another because it has more watts, or because it's a stack.

And you DO NOT NEED 100 Watts..Seriousely..Unless you're in a VERY Successfull band playing 20,000+ Seat STADIUMS.

If you're not playing Stadiums, 60 Watts is more than enough power for your gigs.

Actually, 60 watts is enough for stadims as well, because stadiums will have a house PA system. So you could even use a 5watt amp and mic it.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 18, 2009,
Line 6 spider valve hd100. Its an all tube amp and can be sold for under 600.
YOU DON'T NEED A HALF STACK.

God damn, I swear this message should be permanently posted right at the top of the forum page. That's twice today I've had to say it to someone who thinks they need a 4x12 half stack to gig.

Sure, half stacks are great and still an option but so are combos in terms of gigging amps.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9