where/when does each of these notes begin?

All in a 4/4 measure treble clef.
1. melody note C and E together (quarter notes) with an eighth note rest under it.

2. accompaniment note G dotted once.(quarter note and dot)

3.F and D connected with B (both eighth notes)

4.arpeggio half notes: E, G, C with quarter rest note under it.

5 .then accompaniment C quarter note.

when does each note come in for it to last the measure
Last edited by DisSatisfaction at Aug 16, 2009,
wat?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Number 2 should be for a quarter note + an eighth note. I can't figure out what the note would be in time measurement right now for some reason . The dot means the note it's part of gets and additional 50% to it's original value. That should be it's duration anyways.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Aug 16, 2009,
TS, you may want to try wording that better. I don't understand half of what you just said.

Look at it this way. An eight note is half a beat. A quarter note is one beat. A half note is two beats. "Dotted" notes are 1.5 times their original value. So, a dotted half note is three beats, a dotted quarter note is 1 and a half beats (kinda like a quarter and an eighth put together) and a dotted eight note is 3/4 of a beat (so, like three sixteenth notes put together)

Lets say you have this: A dotted half note, a dotted quarter note, and a dotted eighth note, sequentially. It'll look a bit like this:

1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a 1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a
<---------------------> <---------> <--->

Now, lets say you have a sixteenth note, a dotted eighth note, a dotted quarter note, an eight note, and a quarter note. This will form a whole measure:

1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a
x <---> <---------> <-> <----->

I finally got both of them right...
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Aug 16, 2009,