I don't know if my skin is made of acid or what, but i rust a new pair of strings after only like 5 hours of playing. I use d'addario 9's on my fender strat, and even after changing strings, they rust after only a few hours of playing. not rust to the point that they're unusable, but to the point that they lose some of their tone. I always wipe my strings down after playing and I just want to know if this is normal or can be fixed. I also sweat alot while playing if that matters.
Were you involved in something toxic in your past? Like walking past a chemical plant w/o cleaning yourself?
Gannon Bracewell's

Music

Page!

Check Out My Tab's as well
I got a buddy who can only use Elixer's with the rust protection cause his house caught fire, and he saved his guitar but it was soaked through. And now when he uses any other strings they rust really bad.

I hope that isn't your problem.
Quote by paranoideyes
introduce her to the back of your hand.
Quote by saphrax
Remember kids.
Backhand = Discipline
Palm hand = Abuse

I was able to get about 6 months out of a set of Ernie Ball Super Slinkies (nickel or something like that) before they broke. I kept them and they haven't rusted. I've never really heard of guitar strings rusting before......
Yeah, you might want to try some coated strings like Elixers and see how they work out for you. The only problem is that they are pretty expensive. DRs tend to be pretty good too.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
If your fingers get sweaty this might happen. Get strings that are coated to protect from rust. Try different types of strings, like ernie ball, or DR string etc. until you find one that works good.
my band practices 3-5 times a week in this really hot room, and therefore i sweat a lot. i've started having the problem of strings beggining to become dull in less than a month. i recently bought some DR coated black beauties, and hopefully they should help when i put them on. elixirs, what my other guitarist uses, are the most common coated string brand. but yeah, try some coated strings and they should help a bit.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I use d'addario 9's and I get a pretty good use out of them. With my playing ability (there are some worse and some better than I) I usually need a string change probably about every 3 months. Its been years since I've broken a string though. Thats why I keep buying these strings.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
STOP EATING CHIPS AND PLAYING GUITAR FATTY..... jk

but check the humidity where you store it that could be a problem too
~Defiant~