MY peavey classic 30 was on the floor and my jeans got caught on one of the tubes.
it ripped a power tube out.
now my amp turns on and the pre amp tubes light up but not the power tubes. and it doesnt make sound.
Is this supposed to happen?
Im gonna get new tubes soon, but should my amp be producing sound?
cuz its not.
It has 2 power tubes side by side in the middle of the power tube section.
2 power tubes are missing.
did i break it?
or will new tubes get it running again?
You may have potentially ****ed up a lot more than just the power tubes like the transformers.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Your jeans got caught inside your amplifier, pulled the outer 2 of 4 power tubes, they then seemingly disappeared altogether...whatever is going on over there, I recommend you just unplug the amp and wait for things to settle down before anything else goes wrong.
Quote by Stickymongoose
Your jeans got caught inside your amplifier, pulled the outer 2 of 4 power tubes, they then seemingly disappeared altogether...whatever is going on over there, I recommend you just unplug the amp and wait for things to settle down before anything else goes wrong.
lol

yeah, really. wtf?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
they were a pair of jeans laying on the floor. i picked them up and it caught a tube.
i pulled the other outside tube because i heard some jackass here saying to do that.
now it doesnt make sound.
do i just need new tubes?
i'd take it to the tech
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
When I emailed peavey asking if it was possible to pull two of the tubes and still get sound I was told that the way the heater traces ran to the tubes would not allow this to work. I'm not sure if that is the truth, and i've never opened up my amp to see how the traces look.

I would think that new tubes would fix this, but I may be wrong. You could have done some damage to the circuit. It may be a good idea to take it to a tech in case you did damage it.
Quote by XgamerGt04
When I emailed peavey asking if it was possible to pull two of the tubes and still get sound I was told that the way the heater traces ran to the tubes would not allow this to work. I'm not sure if that is the truth, and i've never opened up my amp to see how the traces look.

I would think that new tubes would fix this, but I may be wrong. You could have done some damage to the circuit. It may be a good idea to take it to a tech in case you did damage it.

thank you.
my pre amp tubes light up.
i dont think i really damaged anything.
and i dont have a trusty tech.
there is a big tech company but they want you to buy their tubes, which are crappy re-labeled sovteks.
im just gonna buy new tubes and hopefully that works.