Edit: Now I'm just looking for a place to buy High E strings in bulk. Any suggestions? I already heard of juststrings.com and I read bad things about them here. I need a better recommendation.

Original post:

I realize I can buy three sets of D'Addrio strings for $10. However, Is there a reputable palce where I can buy 25 or 50 sets of strings for a discounted price compared to paying for one, or three, sets at a time?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 17, 2009,
Thanks! I think that will be my best bet. I might order some soon, 25 sets might not last me long though with the rate I ate through High Es. Sob.

(Is there a place where I can just buy High Es in bulk?)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 16, 2009,
If you're tearin up high Es you might have a sharp point some where causing it to break. Does it usually break at the nut? the bridge? in the middle? different every time?

If it's from your pick attack you might be better served moving up a gauge.

Also, you could just buy some extra high es from a local guitar shop, many will sell you single strings in whatever gauge you need.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Are there any shops that do bulk in the UK does anyone know? (Sorry to steal your thread)
Legend.
juststrings.com sells single strings.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
It isn't a sharp part that is doing the damage, I installed a new bridge. It has a vibrato on it and it is dangerous to use it in reverse bar (Going up in pitch) I broke five strings today while working on it and they were all High Es. Now I only have two complete sets left. OUCH.

A big mistake I made was detuning the heavier strings first, This put extra tension on the higher strings which in turn caused them to break. I will never detune the heavy strings first again.

Thanks for the suggestions of looking in local shops and Juststrings.com, I might place an order to Juststrings for perhaps 60 High Es. It will be a load off my mind knowing I have a lot of High Es.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 17, 2009,
OK, "Bump". I need a better recommendation than Juststrings.com. Is there any place at all where I can buy hundreds of high e strings for, say, $30?
Always tin your strings.

_____

maybe get a custom order from GHS? they do custom sets, so maybe they'll do a custom order for you for a bunch of extra strings.

but if i were you, i'd get my guitar checked out. there is no way you should be going through that many strings. there's probably something up with your trem. take it to a guitar shop.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Gargoyle2500
OK, "Bump". I need a better recommendation than Juststrings.com. Is there any place at all where I can buy hundreds of high e strings for, say, $30?

and what if after 2 or 3 strings you want a different guage?
what kind of pick do you use?

*please don't say metal*
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I'm going to say that you're probably going to want to get your guitar checked out, like the other guys have been telling you. There's no way you should even be breaking your strings really, other than if something is wrong. Only time I've ever broken a string in all of my playing was because of a sharp spot on my bridge. So, either your guitar has something wrong with it, or your technique is extremely off for whatever you may be doing.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're not going to find hundreds of an E string for $30, maybe 40 or so strings for that much. Maybe 50 for $30 if you're lucky. Get your guitar checked out first, and then worry about buying strings in bulk.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Sounds like there's a burr on the bridge. It's very possible.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.