Which Ibanez RG model can get the best variety of sounds? particularly stuff like heavy metal, classic rock, and blues.

I play a lot of ozzy, black sabbath, metallica, early greenday stuff, steve vai, muddy waters, chuck berry, iron maiden, zeppelin, beatles, bb king, and stuff alot like that.

I know all y'all are gonna tell me to get a new amp first, which I am doing. I'm getting a b52 at 112 tube, probably before the end of the summer.
What's you're budget and what are you looking for? A J. Custom or a Prestige will be the best, but they may be out of your pricerange.
any of them would be fine you would just have to change the pickups to be more versitile the pickups stock are WAY more tuned to metal
~Defiant~
Well, I so far as far money goes, I only have $50 left, after I buy the amp. But i'd be willing to trade in my BC Rich SOB and my Marshall MG30 Combo, for some money. How much do you think I'd get for that?
Last edited by zillafan74 at Aug 16, 2009,
I got a prestige 1570 a few months back. Obviously its the best Ibanez I've ever played, and out of all the guitars I"VE tried, its the best guitar I've played for my writing style of music. MF were clearancing them off for $699. They are back up to $999, so I got lucky! If you're looking for something cheaper, I had a RG4EX that I recently sold, and I thought it was a great guitar for the price! I never swapped the stock pickups out of them, because for me, they were awesome. It played great, but the wizard II necks are fatter than the original wizard necks, which was I was used to at the time.

As regards to the b-52 amp. I had the 2x12 version. I loved it. It tore up. I shall just warn you now, that b-52 has the WORST customer service I've ever dealt with. EVER.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by CkY freak

I shall just warn you now, that b-52 has the WORST customer service I've ever dealt with. EVER.

That's good to know.
But honestly, If I traded in my BC rich, and my Marshall amp, how much money/store credit do you think I'd get. I'm dying to know.
Im not familiar with the guitar model, but I would have to say no lie, probably about $50-$60 for the amp. The guitarist in my band recently took a peavey head (not sure which model). The salesman told him he could sell the amp for $100, so he would buy the amp for $30. You'd be WAYYYY better off selling it locally.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
I actually might be able to sell that amp to a bass player I know for at least $175 bucks, so I guess Im better off doing that . But it might take him a while to get the money.
Last edited by zillafan74 at Aug 16, 2009,
You have to decide whats worth more. Getting a fraction of the money now, or holding off getting what you probably deserve out of it. I would suggest using CraigsList. I've used it to sell both my b-52 at212 amp and my Ibanez RG4ex1. It took about 2 months on the amp, and 3 days on the guitar.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by zillafan74
But honestly, If I traded in my BC rich, and my Marshall amp, how much money/store credit do you think I'd get. I'm dying to know.

don't trade it in at a store, you'll be robbed. ur best off selling ur stuff on craigslist.
Quote by CkY freak
I've used it to sell both my b-52 at212 amp and my Ibanez RG4ex1.

That's almost the exact set-up i wanted, except with the at112. How'd it sound? How much did you sell everything for?
The RG4EX for the price was absolutely killer. I swear that guitar had the best stock pickups I've ever tried. I never switched them out during the 1 1/2 years or so I had it. The Edge III worked alright. It worked better once I got out of the whole whammy bar thing. The amp is amazing. I loved the amp. As I said before, all tube, 100 watts, tons of features, great sounds. 3 channels. What more could you possibly need? I really loved that guitar and amp, but better things came along so I had to part ways. I sold the guitar for $300, and the amp for $350. Both in near flawless condition.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Wow, I wish I could have bought the AT-212 for $350. Thats about how much I'm spending on the 112, but new.
Well I had a major issue with it, and it had been in the shop for close to 2 months. Also, I had already purchased my Prestige RG on a credit card, and I needed the money to pay it off ASAP.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
i also have the rg4exfm1 and its a very good guitar. i absolutely love it and it doesnt have any flaws that i can think off the top of my head.