so i was listening to john frusciante's Niandra Lades & Usually Just A T-Shirt, and i really love all of the songs on it.

So I was wondering Pit, what are some other bands whose songs are kind of the same style as the ones on John's album? I like that raw simple sound and i can't seem to find any other bands that play like that.
That album is terrible. Not so much Niandra Lades, but after that guy started using heroin and singing like he was constipated, he should have turned the microphone off. You could always try getting Smile from the Streets You Hold, it's got more of that on there.

But if you're asking about Lo-Fi... Simon Joyner, Daniel Johnston, some Elliott Smith, some Bright Eyes. Some Nick Drake, maybe. Really early Beck..

Edit: Actually, you'd probably like Jandek, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 17, 2009,
I liked it too!

I recommend Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti(sounds nothing like John but is low-fi) and John Maus
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Basically what Jack off Jill said. Neutral Milk Hotel might interest you as well.

After I was able to get over my John Frusciante fanboyism I've been able to learn how horrible the album really is. Niandra Lades isn't bad, but the Usually Just a T-Shirt is awful. I don't understand how people can pretend to like that.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
There are a few good songs, like "Ants" and "Usually Just a T-Shirt" but other than that, he was too ****ed up to sing or play. I think Smile From the Streets You Hold is worse, to be honest. I do like "Height Down" though.

That being said, I like all of his other CDs a lot.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
your pussy is glued to a building on fire
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
I thought that his cover of Big Takeover was pretty damn good and I liked a couple of the Untitled songs.Though I enjoy his more recent albums a lot more.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
early white stripes i thought was great for a very stripped sound. first 2 albums that is.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon