Hey guys.
I just bought a new Epiphone electric two days ago and I need some help identifying it. Just for curiosity's sake. Purchased for $450, case included. Serial on the back of the headstock reads: F200641. I tried the Gibson site but it referred me to another site and after a long chain of links, I had no success.

Pictures should be working now. I had to reduce quality dramatically to upload using the UG attachment, hopefully it's alright to use.
Attachments:
IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0892.JPG
Last edited by Tom&trade at Aug 17, 2009,
it looks like a fake for two reasons (to me anyways)
1) i dont think the serial number should have the 1 at the end
2) the truss rod cover says gibson and has 2 screws, but the headstock logo says epiphone ... wtf????

EDIT: the closest thing i could find for the serial number on the gibson website for the epiphone models is that your guitar would be an Elitist model made in 2002, but that 1 at the end of the serial number throws me off... and sry, i didnt know that some of the older models had the "Gibson" name on the truss rod cover.
Guitars:

Mitchell MD100S
Yamaha CS40
Dean V-Coustic
Laguna LE122

Amp:
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Last edited by DC6140 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by DC6140
it looks like a fake for two reasons (to me anyways)
1) i dont think the serial number should have the 1 at the end
2) the truss rod cover says gibson and has 2 screws, but the headstock logo says epiphone ... wtf????

I don't know about the serial number, but the older epiphone models all had truss rod covers with "GIBSON" on them. Also, i believe the cover should have 2 screws, and the fakes have 3.

Looks like an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain top model to me.
I thank you both very much for your input.
It was mentioned it was an Elite, but I wasn't sure how accurate it was.
It was implied it was at least a few years old. The original owner's father left it to him and he took it to a guitar shop, which was where I purchased it.
Quote by Tom™
I thank you both very much for your input.
It was mentioned it was an Elite, but I wasn't sure how accurate it was.
It was implied it was at least a few years old. The original owner's father left it to him and he took it to a guitar shop, which was where I purchased it.

Elitist? If that's the case, those were made in Japan and are supposed to be very high quality. If it is, that's a good deal.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Elitist? If that's the case, those were made in Japan and are supposed to be very high quality. If it is, that's a good deal.

I'd be extremely pleased if it was, but it's not a big deal to me. I don't intend to sell it for a while if at all. I'm impressed with the sound and feel of it, so I'm happy with the purchase. I just wanted to put "A name with a face", as it were.