Page 1 of 2
I am getting an Xbox 360 finally. (Haven't been into gaming until recently.)

Anyway, I need to know what game I should get. If one has a sequel I want the original one first. I am looking for either a first person shooter or something like assasins creed. I wont be getting online hooked up for a little while so it doesn't matter about that. What will more than likely take awhile to beat and is good.

good story
take awhile to beat

those are the main things
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
naw, dont get assassins creed. that game sucks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
If you won't be getting online, and want originals...

Gears of War 1 brah. You'll love it, then buy GoW2.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by ryan_nadon
naw, dont get assassins creed. that game sucks.

Wrong answer.

Halo. (used for like $25)

Right answer.
Yeah I am gonna most likely get used games. they are way better priced.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by JP Oliver
Wrong answer.

Halo. (used for like $25)

Right answer.

no, assassins creed was pretty terrible. if your going for singleplayer games id check out dead space, bioshock, orange box, and fallout 3
CoD 5, The Orange Box (if you disagree you can go **** yourself), Left 4 Dead 2 (when it comes out), Modern Warfare 2 (When it comes out)

You might get a couple good plays out of Halo 3, but it gets boring easily, especially if you like the CoD 4 engine because guns are fully customizable unlike in Halo
Yeah, I was thinking about getting Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War1 and 2, Bioshock perhaps, assasins creed, both left 4 deads, etc...not sure what to get first though. not much on halo so im not getting it lol
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Bioshock, or the elder scrolls: oblivion.

Oblivion will last longer, but Bioshock is like Picasso's Starry Night in video game form.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Yeah, I was thinking about getting Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War1 and 2, Bioshock perhaps, assasins creed, both left 4 deads, etc...not sure what to get first though. not much on halo so im not getting it lol

Don't get the first Left 4 Dead, its fun, but it has extremely low replay value. rent it, dont buy it. buy left 4 dead 2 when it comes out, it will still have low replayablility, but it will be new and people online will be playing it
Quote by pensiveintensiv
Bioshock, or the elder scrolls: oblivion.

Oblivion will last longer, but Bioshock is like Picasso's Starry Night in video game form.

yeah my friend was saying bioshock was kinda epic. hmmm
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Fable II

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Red Faction: Guerrilla
EVERYTHING IS DESTROYABLE!!! (and its fun bashing people with the sledgehammer )
Fallout 3.You shouldn't get Modern Warfare 2 since you don't want sequels but if you want to get it then get the $150 pack so you can get the awesome-o night vision goggles!!!!
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Fallout 3.You shouldn't get Modern Warfare 2 since you don't want sequels but if you want to get it then get the $150 pack so you can get the awesome-o night vision goggles!!!!

yeah but by then i might have online hooked up
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by NewsoftheWorld

That's probably the worst reason to buy the game. I guess it would help out those gamers who game all night and can't see in the dark when they take a 5 minute game break to get a sandwich.
Get a PS3
/My fanboyism

Just get COD4/WaW. Maybe the Orange Box, although imo the only good game in it is Portal.
You realize buying 6 games will be $400+? Just saying, anyways, get Oblivion or Fallout 3 if you're planning on not being hooked up to live for a while.
Quote by Scout1011
Lost Odyssey

This guy is doinitrite.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by Erik_Aero
You realize buying 6 games will be $400+? Just saying, anyways, get Oblivion or Fallout 3 if you're planning on not being hooked up to live for a while.

I didn't say I would buy them at once. Over time. Used more than likely too.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Fallout 3. I don't play video games at all really, but this game is amazing. Seriously.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

I'm finding new ways to make the same mistakes,
putting my dreams onto paper and then folding them into planes,
then I let them go because when in Rome,
I set fire to what I love the most.

Fallout 3, Orange Box, Bioshock.
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY RESIDENT EVIL 5.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Last edited by WillB13 at Aug 17, 2009,
Fallout 3
The Orange Box
Call of Duty 4, 5
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
For good, long, single player gameplay, with alot of replay value, nothing beats Oblivion on the Xbox 360. Or Fallout 3, but I prefer Oblivion, simply cause I grew up with The Elder Scrolls series.

So yeah, those two games are your best bet, I'd look into them.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Rock Band 1 and 2
BeeBoop!

Quote by St.Loony
Mattron2000: Tells the truth; but in words.
Bioshock, it's AWESOME. such a messed up game that it's incredible. Love the story and setting.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I have also been thinking about getting an X-box 360, if i did i would want Mass Effect (and #2 after i've played the first), Oblivion, Bioshock, Fable 2 and Fallout 3.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
What's with all the Assassins creed hate? One of my favourite games for the 360, shortly behind Oblivion. If you want the game to be long, get Just Cause. That took me ages to complete 100% but it was worth it. Also, the second one comes out next year sometime. But if you could only get one game, get Oblivion fo' sure.
Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 if you'll be getting xbox live (don't bother with World At War) or you could wait until November to get Modern Warfare 2.
Halo 3
COD 5
Assassins Creed 1/2
Rock Band 2

That is all.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Aug 17, 2009,
Page 1 of 2