PS - For those think this is tl;dr go ahead and skip to the bottom. The last line will sum it up for you.

Hello UG'ers, I decided out of the blue, to randomly post upon this forum, the reasons I have for loving my guitar, and why I feel it is so special. This is the story of Pierce.

Much like the mother who loves her mentally retarded baby, I too have raised a once semi-special angel, into a successful member of the shrimpin' business.. The story begins, as most riveting tales do, over 100 years ago, when I wanted to trade my 6 string Schecter Stiletto Custom bass guitar into and get a guitar. So I ventured to a close music store, where I had previously noticed a Zakk Wylde Les Paul, and I really liked the way it looked, but they would not let me trade for it. I noticed an interesting fellow, sitting there on the wall, looking rather interesting, and seeming to beckoning me. So I asked the guitar shop owner if he would trade for it, and he said sure. He said this guitar was worth a good bit of money, and as a guitar noob, I foolishly fell for it. This guitar was indeed limited edition, and hard to find, but they still did not command the price that he thought it could be worth. I got home with this new guitar, ecstatic about it, and I played with it. I later checked out how much these guitars were worth, and no more than 150-200$, compared to the 700$ I spent on my Schecter, which was in near mint condition. I was kind of upset, seeing as how I had been jipped, but those feelings soon faded with time, as I could tell there was something special about this guitar, like it had it's own character and soul. I saved up my money, to make this guitar comparable to the 800-1200$ guitars, and my first upgrade was Planet Waves Auto-Trim Locking Tuners, and a set of Ernie Ball Power Slinkies. These tuners were amazing, and they kept tune as promised, and they cut the strings, and overall improved the tone. I was happy, and I kept it this way for a while. I decided this guitar should be named Pierce, seeing as it was an Epiphone Pierced SG, with the big friggen X cut through it, and the guitar seemed to agree. Moving onwards, as I was getting better at guitar, I decided I didn't like the tone too much that the stock passive pickups were giving, and I had been wanting to get active pickups for some time's, and I was debating between an EMG 81/85 set and Seymour Duncan Blackouts (I chose the blackouts because I wanted a nice clean sound AND distortion, which the blackouts delivered and then some, and plus they were cheaper). I ordered the blackouts, and 5 grueling days later I got them, and then I had to wait a few more days for a friend to install the pickups. But I was appalled when my ambitions came to fruition, as my guitar was now "the $h!t". The neck is perfectly intonated, the guitar is light but sounds good, and the neck was amazingly fast, I mean what else would I need? I mean it didn't have a fancy finish, as it was just matte black (which I do like though), but the guitar just spoke to me. And now we live happily ever after. The End.

tl;dr - I made a shoddy guitar into something special.

Have a nice day UG'ers, and I would love to hear your comments and any slander you might feel like posting.

With Love,
Corey a.k.a. Lovecannon
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Congrats on making a shoddy guitar into something special.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Lol, you must tell this story to all that you see, and pass it on to your children and/or grand children. THE LEGEND MUST BE KNOWN! :P
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Thanks.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
pics?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"