Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else on here is a fan of Dark Fortress? If you don't already know they are a German black metal band. I'm just wondering if anybody has tabs for a few of their tracks at all.

particularly:

Iconoclasm Omega
Catawomb
Baphomet

Pretty good black metal. None of that ****ty underproduction to keep it br00tal / kvlt. The guitarists actually know how to play solo's. Unusual for the BM genre.
You listen to Dissection and get back to me for soloing being unusual for black metal.

As well, these guys aren't really that bad. I don't mind them to say the least.
Quote by severed-metal
You listen to Dissection and get back to me for soloing being unusual for black metal.

As well, these guys aren't really that bad. I don't mind them to say the least.

Well I still would not consider Dissection's solo's anywhere near as good as Dark Fortress. Although there are a few memorable ones, like the 10 second one from A Land Forlorn, short but awesome.

Maybe you guys could help me with finding black metal that isnt underproduced and with skillfull soloing. Probably just me but I dont come across it too often.

A few to name

Dark Fortress, Ulver, Belphegor (still partly BM). Sadly thats all I can think of atm.
I'd take it to the metal rec thread or the black metal thread. The people in each respective thread can help you a lot more.
Peste Noire has great solos and leads. Fairly underproduced, however. But not to the point where the listenability is affected too adversely.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Invoker
Well I still would not consider Dissection's solo's anywhere near as good as Dark Fortress. Although there are a few memorable ones, like the 10 second one from A Land Forlorn, short but awesome.

Maybe you guys could help me with finding black metal that isnt underproduced and with skillfull soloing. Probably just me but I dont come across it too often.

A few to name

Dark Fortress, Ulver, Belphegor (still partly BM). Sadly thats all I can think of atm.

Drudkh. Artefact. Apotheosis. Enslaved. Kathaarsys. Keep of Kalessin. Negura Bunget. Potentiam.

Etc, etc, all of whom **** on your theory about BM and solos.
Well I wouldnt listen to Drudkh or Enslaved for the solo's at all. But meh. The rest are not half bad, always hated KoK though. Remind me of Children of Bodom for some reason.
I wouldnt listen to any band just for the solos really.

And yeah, I've really grown out of KoK. Obsidian C is still a pretty damn good guitarist though.
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Aug 17, 2009,
just giving these guys a listen for the first time. good shit
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Listening to their 1st cd right now, where was this shit years ago?

Wow it's ****ing amazing, literally. This is my favorite type of black metel, melodic and atmospheric ala Dissection, Vinterland, Sacramentum.
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
Why is this not band not getting more attention? I've heard about 5 songs now and this is simply wonderous. Like the guy above me said, my kind of black metal. <3 Bump for an awesome band 'cause they deserve the love.
Entry level.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
yeah pretty run of the mill stuff

Sumdeus
Quote by Burning_Angel
Entry level.

Maybe so, but that doesn't necessarily make it unlistenable by the seasoned BM fan.
As a seasoned BM fan, yes it does. There's much better out there that's far more deserving of my time. Even just among German Black Metal.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by romencer17
just giving these guys a listen for the first time. good shit

Quote by romencer17
yeah pretty run of the mill stuff

lol.

Sorry I just had too..

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
woah what'dayaknow? My opinion has changed in the past year and a half. big whoop.

Sumdeus
I know. Mine has too. I just felt like being a twat.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
I really enjoyed the Ylem album, a few fantastic songs on that one IMHO. Haven't heard anything else from these guys though.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."