What would be a good guitar for about 1200 preferably a jackson or esp (NOT LTD!!!) \

thanks
Gibson Explorers are around that much. I love their tone and feel. Not sure about jackson or ESP, I don't really use those brands.

Perhaps an ESP custom Viper or Eclipse. I quite like the Viper
Last edited by D&DLover at Aug 17, 2009,
whats wrong with LTD? the LTD deluxes are just as good as the esps
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Most guitars for $1200 are good...

But yeah LTD's are amazing guitars
Quote by D&DLover
Gibson Explorers are around that much. I love their tone and feel. Not sure about jackson or ESP, I don't really use those brands.

Perhaps an ESP custom Viper or Eclipse. I quite like the Viper

I second that. Explorers are excellent guitars, and give you a whole lot of bang for your buck.

If you tell us what kind of music you play we can help you narrow your search for a good guitar
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by AceMyst52
then why is the esp alexi laiho model $1000 more than the ltd model

because apparently ESP are so much better then LTD, but i cant really feel that much difference between them?
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
But the LTD models are made in asia, and a US ''certified.'' i want an american made guitar
Quote by AceMyst52
But the LTD models are made in asia, and a US ''certified.'' i want an american made guitar

yeah i have no problem with that, but just personally i see/feel a big difference between them.

but lets go back on to your question, you said that you mainly play metal but most ESP Guitars are mainly for metal and same with jackson, its just about what shape and hardware you want
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Quote by xBENNYx
yeah i have no problem with that, but just personally i see/feel a big difference between them.

but lets go back on to your question, you said that you mainly play metal but most ESP Guitars are mainly for metal and same with jackson, its just about what shape and hardware you want

Well Ive been looking at the mark morton dominion, and the jackson RR24M
Quote by AceMyst52

I'd get the RR

Edit: Though it depends on playing style.. FR or no tremolo
Last edited by 3sr8jr at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by xBENNYx
whats wrong with LTD? the LTD deluxes are just as good as the esps

If he is spending 1200, he wants the top of the line...

As for the model/make- I personally have played the ESP horizon for hours, and have enjoyed the action, the pups and the overall fit and finish of the guitar. The guitar is freakishly light weight wise but it still gets pretty heavy in the tone department. I liked the one with EMGs a little more than the blue one with the duncans. If you're spending 1000+ on a guitar though, the active EMGs didn't really bring out the nuance of the expensive cut of wood you're paying for.

However....The Jacksons I've played blew it out of the water. While the ESP feels like a good guitar, the Jackson is amazing. The hardware had a tank like quality that really impressed me.
I had the same dilemma as you last year- ESP or Jackson. I chose my Soloist over the Horizon due to what you get for the money. First- the Jackson is covered in Mother of Pearl- from the inlays to the headstock logo. The ESP has an etched logo, and the smallish block inlays are MOTO. The switches and pots as mentioned earlier were just hardier, while the ESP's felt flimsy, similar to my 500 dollar guitar. Also- the Jackson is built in California, and you can't beat that.
The pups iare all Seymour Duncan USA pups in Jackson's USA select series (each product has a different combo- the RR1 has a JB and a Jazz, while the Soloist has a JB and a '59- make sure to research which combo fits your needs the best), and they are very versatile. Anyone who says Jacksons are only Metal haven't done their homework. My soloist can get Metal tones just as easily as it can do Jazz.
If you're spending that kind of cash, you want a guitar that isn't just a one trick pony. The RR1 is a true shredding machine, but try out a RR shape before you buy it, same with a king V, Warrior or Kelly. When I was researching my next guitar, I wanted something I would comfortably be able to play, and while I was able to play the V, it wasn't as natural as the super strat.

No matter what your decision, in this price range do not rush your purchase, and get what you want- that is, what suits your music, budget and needs as a guitarist. I selected the Soloist after serious research- do the same- and always try your best to try before you buy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by AceMyst52

i personally like the RR24M better because its not a signature guitar (i dont like any signature guitars) and also because it just looks like it can shred (Y) and the floyd rose and locking nut is just and extra bonus

btw what colour were you thinking of for the RR24M?
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Quote by AceMyst52
i was thinking white with the black outlining

Did you try out the RR24 yet??

Also- you're going to be spending alot of money on a Japanese Jackson, when you can spend the same amount on a USA series guitar- It only has one pup, and it doesn't have any luxury features for the price
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by AceMyst52
i was thinking white with the black outlining

niice thats a good choice, yeah id probly go with the RR24M if your leaning towards the jackson other wise there are some good ESP's out there
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt