i am looking for a good medium range amp to buy next year and i have heard alot of people going on and on about the fender super champ XD i was wondering if it was any good for punk.

thanks in advance
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by nixhex113
Yeah it would work for punk, Might want to invest in an EQ pedal though.

any suggestions and how is the distortion on it?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
It can definitely get heavier than most fenders, quite nice for a small modeler. However, If youre going to be using pedals and such, I would probably recommend going with an all tube amp like an epiphone valve junior w/ 1x12 cab. I use pedals on my scxd and it sounds decent though.
Quote by nixhex113
It can definitely get heavier than most fenders, quite nice for a small modeler. However, If youre going to be using pedals and such, I would probably recommend going with an all tube amp like an epiphone valve junior w/ 1x12 cab. I use pedals on my scxd and it sounds decent though.

well isnt the sc xd all tube? also what is better the sc xd or a vox vt30 keeping my genre in mind and yes i might be able to spare some cash for a low costing pedal.
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
The scxd has a digital pre-amp. It still sounds pretty bloody amazing for the price but I would not want to run to much heavy distortion into it, as the digital pre-amp can cause clipping. What's your budget?
Quote by nixhex113
The scxd has a digital pre-amp. It still sounds pretty bloody amazing for the price but I would not want to run to much heavy distortion into it, as the digital pre-amp can cause clipping. What's your budget?

350 tops
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by nixhex113

i dun think the valve will be good i mean dont get me wrong its an amazing amp but you have to turn it up all the way to get overdirve and that would kill my parents so nope wat do u think bout a vox vt30?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
the vox vt30 is a great versatile amp. and yes it wil sound good for punk. though if u plan on using pedals, i dont think the vox will sound good with pedals cuz modelling amps dont take pedals well. but im not 100% sure on that... but im sure u wont need pedals cuz the vox has plenty of good distortions and effects.
If you get the Vox you won't need the pedals, it's got a great punk sound built right in. I also play punk and I've used the 15 watt version to play small gigs, it's a beast for punk and ska music. Plus for volume control the 30 watt version has a wattage control in the back meaning you can turn the amp down to 1 watt for super quiet practice. Seriously get it and you'll be happy.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
My private lesson teacher recommended that to me when I said I was looking at amps. I ended up getting the B52 combo instead, but that might be out of your range. If it isn't, I recommend looking at it, you can get a good range of tones if you work at it.

Am I the only one that found the XD at the end of its name amusing?
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Oh yeah I forgot to include the Fender Super Champ XD is also a nice amp for punk, I play one all the time at guitar center and it's got a nice sound too. Either way you go is good
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by greendayispunk
i dun think the valve will be good i mean dont get me wrong its an amazing amp but you have to turn it up all the way to get overdirve and that would kill my parents so nope wat do u think bout a vox vt30?

this amp has is 5 watts, the scxd is 15.. the scxd will be louder.
I suggested an overdrive pedal so you wouldnt have to crank the thing.

I really wouldn't suggest the vt15.
its up to you though.
its a good amp and it sloud since it tube. works well for punk i guess not that i know since i dont play punk music
Quote by deadgearsrising

Am I the only one that found the XD at the end of its name amusing?

No I did as well, when I first read about it I assumed they were overexcited
The SCXD's alright. I use one for practise. The first channel (completely clean, all-valve with all the digital modelling stuff bypassed) is your usual Fender standard clean channel and is what I mostly use, since I like to use a lot of pedals. Good enough for practising with.
The second channel is a bit odd. The solid state rectifier is fine - lots of professional valve amps use solid state rectifiers anyway - but the digital modelling thing is... meh. It's okay. It's voicings sound better than the voicings on a Spider III or Cube but they're no substitute for the real thing of course. I tend to never use them.
The digital effects are very average, again they're not something I bother using except for the leslie speaker emulator which does sound genuinely very good and comes in quite handy if you ever play much Hendrix or Clapton.

Overall, it's a very good 15w valve amp for practising, with some other features thrown on that you'll probably never use. If you're after the sharp Fender clean tone at around the 15w range then it's the best way to go, but don't expect much more. Pedals are a must.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.