It's in perfect condition and goes for 799.99 new.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

I want a guitar with more bite, something with a synyster gates of avenged sevenfold type tone. If I sold this what guitar in the price range could i get to get that type of tone? Or if I kept it what pickups should I get to that type of tone?
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
It's a great guitar.. i'd try messing with the EQ a lot and try to find a sweet spot. Otherwise, sell it on craigslist. Start at $600 and go down in $50 intervals for every week it doesn't sell (or more/less as you see fit).
It doesn't have the power I want with the Seymour Duncan JB Bridge pickup tho. When I play my carvin guitar through my amp the amp has power then i plug the schecter in and instantly volume and power is gone.
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Well instead of selling your entire guitar and digging for the money to buy a better one, why not just replace the pickups for around 2 to 3 hunderd dollars?

The C-1 Classic isnt a bad guitar, and much of your tone is produced from the combination of your pickups and your amp.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Do you think maybe the Invaders would work well in this guitar?
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
I have no idea what the invaders are but im assuming they are pickups...

Your best bet is to just see how they sound. Actives and passives carry different sounds, I like actives. I would go to the store and play on some guitars with different pickups - just keeping the sound in mind.

I like EMG active 81/85's, and I hear lots of great things about seymore duncan blackouts aswell.

But, its all a matter of preferance. Nobody here on UG can tell you what pickups your going to like, and If we do, its not very smart to listen to us.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by I AM CAT
Do you think maybe the Invaders would work well in this guitar?

I think you'd be better off going with EMGs or Blackouts
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
is it hard to turn a guitar from passive to active? Because I've seriously thought getting an active set
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Quote by I AM CAT
is it hard to turn a guitar from passive to active? Because I've seriously thought getting an active set

Actives do indeed sound better (IMO) and its not really too hard, it all just depends on how much space you have in your guitar.

Generally, an active set wont take up any more space than your passive set, the only thing your going to need extra space for are batteries, which in most cases you only need 1.

But, if your getting an EMG set I strongly recommend getting it to run off of 18vs(2 batteries) instead of 9vs (one battery) becuase it sounds much better

But thats only if you have room in your guitar for 2 9 volts, if not, than 1 will have to do.
Quote by I AM CAT

I think EMG sets come with the electronics you need to set your guitar up for active pickups. Then you just put a battery clip in the control cavity (assuming there's room). If there isn't room, you'll have to have your guitar routed for a battery holder. If you want the 18v EMG mod, you can buy double 9v holders.
Actives are sterile, less versatile, and only sound their best through a tube amp. Chances are you don't really need them.
OT though, you can expect to get about $450-$550 for the guitar plus case.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
As long as you're willing to only play high-gain stuff 97.5% of the time.
If you wanted good cleans as well then you should stay away from actives.

But if you're prepared to make the sacrifice then I've heard that SD Blackouts are the best actives and sound more organic than EMGs
Thanks you guys. Most of the time I will be playing heavy rock so ya i'd have no problem having decent cleans only. I play a carvin v-3 half stack with rack setup, so i should def notice the diff in pickup power. I'm going to put the blackouts in it as i like em more than emgs after researching and testing
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Awesome. be sure to post pictures when your done!
I don't know, just doesnt do it for me...but its ok just went on craigslist and found a schecter c-1 hellraiser fr for 450 and picked it up without thinking about it and got the tone i want =]

So Im now selling my c-1 classic for 500 or so
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
classic > hellraiser
i think the hellraiser is miles above the classic, the neck feels better, he bridge is better, the tone everything it has original floyd rose so whatever im happier with hellraiser just my opinion. im the only person so far out of everyone i talk to that doesnt like the classic
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Quote by I AM CAT
i think the hellraiser is miles above the classic, the neck feels better, he bridge is better, the tone everything it has original floyd rose so whatever im happier with hellraiser just my opinion. im the only person so far out of everyone i talk to that doesnt like the classic

I prefer the Classic neck. I never liked the hellraiser necks. In fact, the Classic is the only Schecter i would ever buy.

The bridge is all matter of preference. What if the person needs to change tunings a lot on the guitar, or doesn't use a tremolo bridge? In that case, the hellraiser FR doesn't have a better bridge.

Same goes for the tone. Some people despise active pickups.
no i meant i dont like the way string through tailpieces feel i meant. i like the flat feeling of a bridge. idk hard to explain i guess. its just all in personal feel. i love how all schecters feel that have the flatter bridge
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
well if u want syn's tone just swap the pups for seymour duncan sh-8's (invaders), and thats basically it. but, if you feel you still wont be getting the "power" you want, get EMG 81/85 set, or Seymour Duncan Blackouts. You can't go wrong either way. Selling the C-1 Classic would be a waste, it's a great guitar.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
its not worth anything ill buy it for 100 bucks tho 0.o, but srsly i dont like emgs, they sound too digital, id look into either the invaders or something passive, or maybe something not emgs? i dunno alot of different pickups but i just hate the digitalness of emgs
~Defiant~
Keep the classic, you never know when you'll need a backup.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I prefer the Classic neck. I never liked the hellraiser necks. In fact, the Classic is the only Schecter i would ever buy.

Same goes for the tone. Some people despise active pickups.

Have you tried a Hollywood Classic?

That's the only other Schecter I would buy.

And I'm one of those people who hates actives. They sound bland to me.
FWIW, I think you should play a Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6.

This is my opinion only, but I think EMG 81TW/89 sound a lot better than the SDBs. I traded my Ibanez with SDBs for my Solo 6 with the EMGs. I think both gain and cleans sounds much better. The Les Paul shape and Mahogany body also made the tone better.

If you wanna go Passive, I recommend DiMarzio Tone Zone/Air Norton combo. Tone Zone for metal, Air Norton for cleans.
"Music is felt through our soul, not heard with our ears" - Sully Erna

Current Gear:
Ibanez SR755 5-string bass
Acoustic B10 amplifier
Line 6 POD UX1