Dear Bass Forum,

I need help. I am looking to get a new bass, I have about $500(about 400 american) and want to upgrade from my first bass. i have been playing for about 2 years.
I would like a 5 string but am not set on it.

any help would be aprreciated.

P.S. if there is somewhere i should post this please let me know.
you're in Australia, therefore I recommend you take a look around:
www.basscentre.com.au
Guitar and equipment costs in Australia (as you probably know) are stupid. Bass strings are often upwards of $50. So $500 is literally around $400us, but it won't get you the same equipment as if you were in the US.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
save more, unless you want another beginner bass, you get what you pay for
i cant really save more.

is there anything good for around this price??
I gave you the website where I have found some of the best deals I have found in oz. You tell me.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by gilly_90
you're in Australia, therefore I recommend you take a look around:
www.basscentre.com.au
Guitar and equipment costs in Australia (as you probably know) are stupid. Bass strings are often upwards of $50. So $500 is literally around $400us, but it won't get you the same equipment as if you were in the US.

I went to the bass center on park street (melbourne) and i have to say, best bass range in melbourne. Plus they've got some crazy worn out fenders stuck to the roof.
oh, man I've been wanting to go for ever
Here I am stuck in sh*tty Adelaide
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

from looking at the basscentre site i think the best thing for you to do is to either save up for a while or buy some new pickups.
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus