hey guys I just plugged in my Cort and it wasn't working so I checked the usual suspect(the input jack) usually the piece of metal that touches the guitar lead bends back somehow but this time the bare wire was broken I cant fix it till I get some solder but I just wanna know how i happens and if you guys have any experience with this
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
just get the solder and fix it, there could be any number of causes make sure your soldering produces a good joint (the amount of peeps i`ve seen who say they can solder but actually can`t)
I can solder when I repainted my strat and re soldered the ground and input jack they have played without a problem for what is now a few months at least
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
I had this problem too...I think it that my input jack was loose but i don't really remember!
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
If your input jack becomes loose and you continue to finger tighten it, it's possible you can rotate the inner workings of the jack and eventually just rip the wires apart at the solder point.

If your input jack ever becomes lose the best thing to do is to tighten it while holding the inner portion still, like shown in the picture.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
well me and my dad fixed it (the only reason I needed a second person was because there was barley enough wire there) but we got it and I burnt my finger in the process so all in all a good day lol
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250