2 5%
valveking 212
6 16%
windsor halfstack
2 5%
Voters: 38.
who the hell votes for valveking? its **** compared to classic 30
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Quote by Say Ocean
Here's classic 30 doing metal unboosted with high output pups and an eq in the loop.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=743493&songID=7341053

If you have the cash to get a couple extra odds and ends, such as a boost, eq, and a new speaker this amp really shines for a lot, I mean a LOT of stuff.

:eek That is beautfull!
I must get a Classic 30 with a Boost and and EQ instead of a Bugera.

THIS RESTS MY CASE!
i havent got extra cash

you can buy pedal later. classic 30 is really superior to any amp you listed
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

pedals are stupid
Flextone.

To those saying the Classic 30 is superior... it's really not. I'd be willing to bet a Flextone III would be liked better by most people.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No, stay away from the Marshall MG series, unless you only have £50 and need a practise amp sharpish.

If you tend to use effects and a steady variety of tones, the Flextone III will be right up your alley. And also, if you tend to play at low volumes, it will be advisable.
But the Peavey Classic 30 is a great amp for blues - stoner metal. It's 30 watts of valve power, though, so it is very loud. It's recommended if you are gigging more so than anything and don't tend to use effects.
Quote by stellaras
MARSHALL MG100HDFX with MG412A 4Χ12??

No. flextone lll or classic 30 would be your best bets
I hate my sig
Didn't you already make a thread on which amp to choose?

ahhh who knows..

I would say for versatility go for the flextone. Otherwise, the classic 30 would be good as well.
Quote by Regensgeliebte
you can buy pedal later. classic 30 is really superior to any amp you listed

yeah superior in tone to only the ones listed on here...not saying anything bad about the classic 30..i mean it has decent tone for the price and takes a OD pedal real well in clean channel, but the od on the amp is way to loose and static-E. me dad had a classic 30 and a 50 and just wasnt feeling it.

but out of those amps id say the Classic 30 or the vypr. never liked the Line 6 amps
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
yeah superior in tone to only the ones listed on here...not saying anything bad about the classic 30..i mean it has decent tone for the price and takes a OD pedal real well in clean channel, but the od on the amp is way to loose and static-E. me dad had a classic 30 and a 50 and just wasnt feeling it.

hm, i was thinking about getting one soon
so what amps would you suggest in the same price range? the only one i can think of is ac15, but tone seems a bit dry for me. i'd look for fendery "wet" and sustainy tone

pedals are stupid
Classic 30 ftw
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by Regensgeliebte
hm, i was thinking about getting one soon
so what amps would you suggest in the same price range? the only one i can think of is ac15, but tone seems a bit dry for me. i'd look for fendery "wet" and sustainy tone

in the same league as the classic 30 id say look for a Fender Hod Rod amp...a bud of mine got a used Hot Rod deville 4x10 combo for $450 which is cheap

but the Classic 30 prob would do you good with a good OD in front of it like a Maxon OD808, Boss Sd-1, MXR GT-OD or a decent tube screamer.

BUgera have the NEW V55 and V22 amps out now..could check those out
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
what's your definition of metal (name some bands)? Quality wise, the C30 or Flextone would be your best bet!
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Classic 30 with a Dano OD should get it done.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah