Hey everyone! Recently I've been playing different songs on my electric acoustic but they all sound plain & boring when I record them (i dont plug into my amp for those who are wondering). I want them to sound more professional like Gabe Bondoc & Boyce Avenue; is it because im using no equipment except a camrea to record or is it because i need to play more interesting. Also, how can i spice up my playing when playing live infront of peope so it sounds original & not a copy & boring?

Thanks.
How are we supposed to know when we can't see you playing?

Often a camera microphone isn't optimal for getting a full and clean sound. Personally I like a little reverb if I'm running through an amp to give the sound a bit more depth, so to speak.

About the stage performance. I never perform myself, but often when I've seen covers from Youtube and such, some people tend to put on a certain 'suit' which is often copied from the artist they are covering. I think that's a bit silly. Just be the person you are.
Quote by Rallymonkey
How are we supposed to know when we can't see you playing?

Often a camera microphone isn't optimal for getting a full and clean sound. Personally I like a little reverb if I'm running through an amp to give the sound a bit more depth, so to speak.

About the stage performance. I never perform myself, but often when I've seen covers from Youtube and such, some people tend to put on a certain 'suit' which is often copied from the artist they are covering. I think that's a bit silly. Just be the person you are.

Thanks for the advice. & for your question, trust me, you wont wanna see me playing unless its in reals & not over video cos otherwise i sound terrible
Quote by Fieryhead
Thanks for the advice. & for your question, trust me, you wont wanna see me playing unless its in reals & not over video cos otherwise i sound terrible

Heh, well it would be a good starting point, but it's your call of course
Some things simply come with time.

I would recommend to never play the song just like the artist does. Throw in your own little embellishments. If a song calls for nothing but open chords I like to use barre chords and put some kind of funky rhythm to it.

Its hard to tell you anything more without seeing some of your playing.
Try breathing the rhythm, doing so will get you more into the song and at the same time light in the head because you don't get enough oxigen(nothing dangerous just a little). It's hard to do while keeping good time though so I don't recommend it but it can be used to get you to actually live the music. Also, experience comes with time and even if you make mistakes the experience you have will still shine through your playing and that is always heard.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club