CHOISE #1
Buying a Used Peavey Classic 50 410 combo for $400 and putting the Amplifier Itself into another Case to make it into an amp head and using the Tweed case as one of my 2 different cabinets, the other being a 412 cabinet.
From that Point I would $250 to spend on an overdrive or 2 and EQ which in turn will be used to extend its range of tones to include metal.

CHOISE #2

Buy a used Vetta amplfier head and Use the Extra $130 to find a Shortboard.

I play Jazz, Post Rock, Mathrock, Postmetal, Progressive Rock/metal, techdeath, Fusion metal, and shoegaze.

tldr; Halp!
Vetta. It's just the better amp, and it has more versatility.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
choice 2 IMO
even tho i prefer tube, the vetta is a gr8 amp, and u dont need to worry about all those extra pedals with it
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I never mentioned I use a massive pedalboard (15+ pedals)
Does the Vetta take fuzzboxes well?
Hmm... i've heard that majority of modelling amps dont take pedals well..

Ask MatrixClaw?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
i dont think they do, cos the purpose of a modelling amp is so that u dont need any pedals
even tho the models arent as gr8 as the actual thing, theyre still decent
in short, they dont take pedals well
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
You wont have a need for your pedals with the Vetta. If you love your pedals though, get an amp that does cleans really well, and continue to use your pedals.

Out of those two options, Vetta. If i were you though, i would keep the pedals and get a nice Fender.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Can a Fender be Driven into Technical Deathmetal Tone though?

EDIT: And I love my pedals beyond Rational Thought.
I only have 2 fuzzboxes though, No Overdrives or Distortions As my last amplifier was a 3 Channel tube high Gain amplfier.
I use a lot of delay and modulations that I turn the knobs and change settings Whilste I play.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by DiizZ
You wont have a need for your pedals with the Vetta. If you love your pedals though, get an amp that does cleans really well, and continue to use your pedals.

Out of those two options, Vetta. If i were you though, i would keep the pedals and get a nice Fender.

This
Fenders generally have great cleans, just get a fender tube, and use ur pedals on the clean channel
that way, u wont have to throw ur pedals away

u could also sell ur dirt pedals and get a better amp with good distortion, and keep using ur fx pedals
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Heres a clip of the classic 30 with no booster and just an EQ pedal.
High Output Passives.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=743493&songID=7341053

EDIT: I have neverseen a Vetta or Classic 50 in person so I have no comparison, I need good Vetta Clips.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Aug 17, 2009,
Vetta, fo' sho'.

Yes, you can still use effects with a modelling amp. I'd simply not use effects that normally go in the effects loop.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have a lot of delays and modulation pedals though.
The Vetta has a Stereo Effects loop,
Since it has one I am ussing possibly pedals are more compatable with the vetta than other Modelling amplifiers?
Yeah, that's what I'd think.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ryan, honestly which sounds do you use more often? High gain for metal stuff or cleans for post rock stuff?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Depends on which Band I am playing with
I have a Metal band I gig with frequently and a Post rock band that I record with constantly.
I use cleans a LOT during the metal stuff and use my distortion a lot during post rock/metal stuff.
I use light/medium gain too for when I am playing mathrock so I can get Don Cab and TFOT tones.

I use atleast clean and low gain or clean and high gain in every song I play.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Hmm... i've heard that majority of modelling amps dont take pedals well..

That is very true, especially if you are running pedals before the front end.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
That is very true, especially if you are running pedals before the front end.

I use a Big muff Pi, Wah, Fenderblender, Compressor, and probably more fuzz boxes in the future.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I use a Big muff Pi, Wah, Fenderblender, Compressor, and probably more fuzz boxes in the future.

Based on that comment, I'd go for the Classic 50. Its a fairly versatile amp.

However if you want MORE flexibility (as in at least 40% of the amp's capabilities may not be used), go for the modeller.

Honestly, if it were left to me, I'd go for the Classic 50.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Ryan, I would just get a nice clean amp and a good dirt box for the brootalz like the Monte Allums MT-2 which I've already rec'd to you. Do it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Wait... I must be tripping or something, I could've sworn theres a topic like this thats like... 4 years old, I just read this to the last post, and was going to see if this was necro'd, but... It wasn't 0_0

Also. TC, if you like using alot of effects, A tube amp with a good clean tone will serve you better then the Vetta, which, while it is a great amp won't take pedals super well. I'd look into some sort of Ampeg, Fender, Crate or something with good cleans.
Guys, my Flextone takes pedals really well.

Just throwing that out there. Overdrives push the models more, as do clean boosts. Actually, throwing the Boosta on some models makes them sound more organic...

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']He doesn't use pedals
I have them, I just don't use them

I'll throw some distortions and stuff through the Vetta tomorrow when I jam with some peeps and then I'll report back
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com