While I haven't decided on what to possibly get yet, and what brand to look towards. I've been seeing really good deals for mesa's lately on my local craigslist. I'm just curious would you say the single rectifier is any good or worth 600 dollars? If not, i'm looking for an amp that is preferably not a one trick pony, while I mainly play the br00t4lz I would like to play other genres as well. I'm just looking for a step up from my bugera which has served me well, but now that I have a steady source of income I think it's time I moved up.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
There's a local guitar shop around me selling a SIngle Rect for around $700 (pnsmusic.com they ship). They're good amps, good distortion. Not as good as dual/triple
Quote by Ryohazuki
While I haven't decided on what to possibly get yet, and what brand to look towards. I've been seeing really good deals for mesa's lately on my local craigslist. I'm just curious would you say the single rectifier is any good or worth 600 dollars? If not, i'm looking for an amp that is preferably not a one trick pony, while I mainly play the br00t4lz I would like to play other genres as well. I'm just looking for a step up from my bugera which has served me well, but now that I have a steady source of income I think it's time I moved up.

the single recto is a good amp man. and for that price i would prob grab it. great OD and the clean is great on the singles, way better then the clean on the dual/triples.

also look into a mesa MK series. i have the MK IVs. my fave mesa amp! they might be a bit more then what you want to spend since they were discontinued in the 90s and are still going up in value.

but look for a used Mk IIC+, a mesa Nomad 100, and a Mesa mk III, Marshall JCM 900 Sl-X or 4100
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Thanks for the advice guys, i'm going to check out that 600 dollar single rectifier probably and see how it is.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator