Hey guys.

So yer i'm looking at these three guitars... i Play all styles like metal rock/blues (but mainly metal) and i want a versatile guitar with a fixed bridge.

ESP LTD MH-1000NT http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-mh.html

Schecter Blackjack ATX http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJATXC1

Schecter C1 Blackjack http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJC1 (But the old model without the ugly ass card inlay)

So yer what u think suits me the most? Also are the ESP necks similar to schecters? Cheers.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
i would get the esp as it has a thin neck, you could also lis starting to becomook at the esp ltd ec 100 with seymour duncans instead of sticking with fat strats, it might be worth getting one as the body shape is starting to become popular due to the death of les paul.
i just got the esp ltd ec 1000 yesterday and that thin neck feels awesome when playing. if you can go to the store and try these out, do that and see which one you like more.
I have a schecter and I had a LTD EC-1000. Im not a fan of the neck on the LTD. It's too thin and flat for me. I prefer the schecter's neck. I traded the LTD for a Gibson V and i never looked back.
Versatile Schecter= C-1 Classic. It has the coil split SD JB/'59 combo, neck thru, quilted maple top, mahogany body. If your looking to play multiple styles this will handle it better than any of the choice you listed. It also has a neck similar to an ESP, much thinner than a Hellraiser neck.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
im a sucker for the LTD MH series so my vote goes to that, pups and the neck and everythin just feels perfect for me
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I'm a sucker for ESP Horizon style guitars so go for the LTD MH-1000.
Also, check out the H-1001. Seymour Duncan Custom-5 rules!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Schecter Blackjack ATX ftw !!!! Check out my profile for pics of my ATX. Blackouts are vicious and I don't like the Necks on the ESP's
Quote by leftyace
Versatile Schecter= C-1 Classic. It has the coil split SD JB/'59 combo, neck thru, quilted maple top, mahogany body. If your looking to play multiple styles this will handle it better than any of the choice you listed. It also has a neck similar to an ESP, much thinner than a Hellraiser neck.

You seem to reccomend the classic everywhere, which isnt a bad thing

you know i think the hellraiser neck is absolutely perfect, ill look into the classic aswell though.

btw, doesnt the classic have jb/jazz?
Quote by Mad Marius
Last edited by SOADriff at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by SOADriff

you know i think the hellraiser neck is absolutely perfect, ill look into the classic aswell though.

Actually you should be more suspicious by the fact that he recommends it everywhere
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Quote by FretKiller
Actually you should be more suspicious by the fact that he recommends it everywhere

Maybe he deals classics in allyways? lol
Quote by Mad Marius
I don't get how ppl can call the neck on ec-1000 "thin".

ibanez wizard is thin. the ec is just perfect
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC-1000
Ibanez 540S MIJ 1990
PodXT
Micro Cube
Quote by sashki
Schecters have pretty wide, round necks. ESP necks are thinner and flatter.

I'd take either the Blackjack or the ESP, here. Try both, see which feels better.

Make sure you specify which Blackjack, Obviously the ATX, of course...

And TS, the card inlay is the only thing I like about the normal Blackjacks....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Make sure you specify which Blackjack, Obviously the ATX, of course...

And TS, the card inlay is the only thing I like about the normal Blackjacks....

My mistake.

I meant the regular Blackjack with Duncan pickups.
Quote by Daseman
I don't get how ppl can call the neck on ec-1000 "thin".

ibanez wizard is thin. the ec is just perfect

Well it's not exactly thin as ibanez or Horizon type ESP but still it's thinner than most Les Paul type.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by SOADriff
Maybe he deals classics in allyways? lol

Haha

Dude if you like the neck on the Hellraiser, then go for the ATX. The ATX also has a verrrrrry smoooooooooth neck which is reallllly amaaaaaaazing for t3h Br00talz $hre@Dzzzzzz
if u want to be able to play blues, get the blackjack (not the atx), the JB/'59 is very versatile.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by SOADriff
Hey guys.

So yer i'm looking at these three guitars... i Play all styles like metal rock/blues (but mainly metal) and i want a versatile guitar with a fixed bridge.

ESP LTD MH-1000NT http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-mh.html

Schecter Blackjack ATX http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJATXC1

Schecter C1 Blackjack http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJC1 (But the old model without the ugly ass card inlay)

So yer what u think suits me the most? Also are the ESP necks similar to schecters? Cheers.

The ESP neck is narrower than the Schecter neck, and more comfortable IMO (this is from a guy with catcher's mitts for hands). I'm warming up to Schecter more, but I will preach ESP/Edwards/LTD til the day I die or start building my own guitars

ESP necks are all thicker and rounder than Ibanez necks. None of them come close to the Wizard profile (maybe to the JS or SZ, but none of the Wizards). The Extra Thin U is what's found on the M and F series of ESP/LTDs, and it's basically just a narrower version of the regular thin U, which reminds me of a slightly rounder and thinner Gibson neck (more like the Flying V or Explorer).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 18, 2009,
Quote by SOADriff

It just seems to me that it fits many,many different styles of playing and suits many budgets and preferances as well. Maybe new models have the jazz in the neck but mine definitely has the '59. Ill have to check sometime.

FretKiller- If you don't believe me than read the reviews on UG, MF,GC, and HC. Theres a reason its constantly rated 5/5 or 10/10.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
ESP necks are thin, but they're not Ibanez toothp-I mean Wizard- Thin. They're like a thinner strat neck.

Schecter necks are thicker, but they're not thick by any means. They're smaller than a Gibson '60s neck by a little bit, and are a bit flatter.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by britishsligean
i would get the esp as it has a thin neck, you could also lis starting to becomook at the esp ltd ec 100 with seymour duncans instead of sticking with fat strats, it might be worth getting one as the body shape is starting to become popular due to the death of les paul.

do you actually buy a guitar because it is popular?! no, just no. and the ltd ec 100 doesnt have duncans and is much cheaper. You really fail, sir.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
I have an atx and I love it, but feel it will probably be a little extreme for what you want it for. I like esp but do not know a lot about them. I personally take schecters over anything. I would broaden what your looking for and try out different c-1s and if you do go with blackjack do not go with atx. Also try out the esp if possible.
Quote by Aditya_ram
Haha

Dude if you like the neck on the Hellraiser, then go for the ATX. The ATX also has a verrrrrry smoooooooooth neck which is reallllly amaaaaaaazing for t3h Br00talz $hre@Dzzzzzz

But are you just saying that because you own one???
Quote by Mad Marius
Id go with either Schecter Blackjack ATX or Hellraiser C1 for this. The only difference is just mainly Blackouts VS EMGs. I've never tried the ATX before but I own the Hellraiser. idk which is better but I think one day ill get the ATX also xP. Never tried the ESP LTD but I'd choose Schecter. idk the quality of LTD (if ur gonna mention LTDs id advise you to go for Edwards) but Schecters are freakin awesome, mainly the C1 shaped guitars, blew my mind!

The Schecters that stood out to me the most are Hellraiser C1 FR, Blackjack ATX, SOLO6, and Loomis 7. I"ma get the loomis for sure later on! its just pure awesomeness!
Quote by SOADriff
But are you just saying that because you own one???

I own one because of what I just said. People say that the Hellraiser has a Sticky Neck. The ATX definitely doesn't. Also I previously owned a MIM Strat with a Rosewood Fretboard and I love the Ebony on the ATX. Moreover, Blackouts are seriously good. Dude the cleans on it are stronger and more "full" than on my Mex Strat or any other guitar I have played and it picks up squeals so well
Quote by Aditya_ram
I own one because of what I just said. People say that the Hellraiser has a Sticky Neck. The ATX definitely doesn't. Also I previously owned a MIM Strat with a Rosewood Fretboard and I love the Ebony on the ATX. Moreover, Blackouts are seriously good. Dude the cleans on it are stronger and more "full" than on my Mex Strat or any other guitar I have played and it picks up squeals so well

My hellraiser neck doesnt feel 'sticky' at all, strange...

And yes ebony is just awesome, i love the look and feel of it.
Quote by Mad Marius
ESPs own more than screcter Get the ESP, it looks better too.
Quote by SOADriff
My hellraiser neck doesnt feel 'sticky' at all, strange...

People that say that becuase the Hellraiser has a painted neck....

IMO It's not that big of a deal...

Quote by Gessu
ESPs own more than screcter Get the ESP, it looks better too.

Opinions...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
I love my schecter hellraiser. Besides my $2000 PRS it's my favorite guitar. Way better than my Gibby V. And i only paid $600 for it. I've had a LTD it's a no brainer go with the Schecter with active pickups.
Esp guitars have a thin neck and the Schecter's have a wider neck. Personally if you are going to play metal I would get the Esp but the Schecter's are still nice to.
Quote by Trickle7052
Esp guitars have a thin neck and the Schecter's have a wider neck.

Wrong choice of words, Schecter necks are not wide, Ibanez necks are wide. Schecters are "thicker". Ibby's are thinner but wider.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Esp
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12