Hello UG friends! I recently purchased the Epiphone EJ 200(laughs and criticism not appreciated). I bought the acoustic because I work out on the road and I didn't want to tote around a really nice acoustic(Martin, Gibson, Taylor etc). My question(s): To make this acoustics sound a little better, would anyone recommend swapping out the plastic nut, saddle and bridge pins with bone? I'm hoping it will give a little more sustain. Obviously, it won't make this guitar sound like a $3000 acoustic. I realize this, I'm just trying to boost its sound quality a little. It sounds decent now, but I think this acoustic has potential. Suggestions are welcome and NOT "ugh, throw it away and buy a more expensive guitar" I've explained why I didn't buy an expensive acoustic, so don't make yourself look like an ass! Thank you UG Forums!

Cameron
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
Thanks, but it was a dead link...
Fender DG100(natural)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
Hey thanks!! It helped some! I think I'm going to go with a Tusq nut and saddle!
Fender DG100(natural)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
That's really about all you can do to make an acoustic better unless you want to put in better tuners.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray