I think this belongs here, since calusses =/= guitar techniques or whatever... Anyways. One of my calusses just died in the humidity and my shower. My sister says if I burn my fingers, it will harden the skin after a while and it'll be like a caluss... Um... Yeah. What the hell? You guys think there's any validity to that?
Id rather not.

If you burn it too much it'll probably ache as much as it used to when you started out
you should post a pic of sister, and we could decide if its true or not.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
you should totally do it, but remember, if you dont use gasoline it wont work
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I play deathcore on thick strings, and the humidity hates my fingertips. But... Uh... So does it work..?
real answer: no

answer I want to give: napalm olololol
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Your sister must have tried to burn her brains to see if she'd turn smart, before she gave you advice like that.

Seriously, I'd strongly advice against trying to burn your fingers man. You'll only damage your skin instead of hardening it, making it even more impossible to play guitar...
dont do it. the pain sounds ridiculous compared to building up a callus and that along just isn't worth it. just take it a little slow for a week and give it time to build again...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by ilovepepsi
you should post a pic of sister, and we could decide if its true or not.

This.
Hot chicks never, ever lie. Except when they say "no", because then they mean "yes, rape me like I'm your sister".
Quote by cainmd
super glue it

Brillinat, put super glue on your fingertips!

Ehhhh, We cant help you without pics, nao.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
By the way, she's married.

Whatever. Any non-ridiculous suggestions to get my calusses back? I play a lot, half-addicted and play daily, don't really want to stop.
Should I coat them in adamantium?
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
Any non-ridiculous suggestions to get my calusses back? I play a lot, half-addicted and play daily, don't really want to stop.

You play a lot. That's enough, really. The best suggestion I can give you is patience.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC

Whatever. Any non-ridiculous suggestions to get my calusses back? I play a lot, half-addicted and play daily, don't really want to stop.

you can't steal my special metal alloy, as i am wolverine, now pics of married sister?????
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Do it, her advice seems legit...
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Mr_CiNiC

I told you!!!!!

gasoline and matches

and it doesnt matter of shes married

I want the image of 10 guys doing it with your sister to really sink in

let that be the last thing you think of when you go to bed tonight
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
what you do is get a steel wire brush and keep scrubbing, if it doesnt hurt a lot...you're not scrubbing hard enough
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by bendystraw
doitdoitdoitdoit to your sister

Fixed.

TS, just play who cares if it hurts.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I think I heard that Eric Clapton used methylated spirits to harden his calluses so you could try that.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
yea, burning them is just stupid. the best way is to just play til they come back, but I've heard a few tricks before, like getting a bowl with a little salt or sugar in the bottom and tapping and rubbing your fingers in it while watching TV or whatever. I've also heard of other stuff like soaking your fingertips in rubbing alcohol or bleach for a little while every day to dry em out and help build calluses, as well as a bunch of other ways that sounded like bullshit.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
yea, burning them is just stupid. the best way is to just play til they come back, but I've heard a few tricks before, like getting a bowl with a little salt or sugar in the bottom and tapping and rubbing your fingers in it while watching TV or whatever. I've also heard of other stuff like soaking your fingertips in rubbing alcohol or bleach for a little while every day to dry em out and help build calluses, as well as a bunch of other ways that sounded like bullshit.

I cant imagine what would happen to your fingernails.
Quote by kxy1992
Do it, her advice seems legit...

Do her, it seems legit
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Lol, noo! Just play em back.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I've heard rubbing them on sandpaper helps when you're not playing guitar. I don't know, I've never tried it. I can't imagine that's any better than just playing though.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
/facepalm at the whole damn thread.

Just keep playing, you get them back... If it's that bad wear a band-aid you little girl.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
No OP.
You must go to mordor, where calusses are forged!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Is she hot?

"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate