So I have a few questions...

Is the action on my guitar too high? (1 pic of higher [pitchwise] frets, 1 of the lower ones]
Is the neck warped/bent/bending?
Is the floating trem (whats it called?) supposed to be slanted? I thought it was supposed to be parallel to the body =S

Any other suggestions like something I didnt notice, dont know about?

Higher frets:-

Lower frets:-

Neck

Trem?

Your action is way to high to my liking... The trem is pulled all up!!!

The base plate should be parallel to the body, adjust the spring tension in the back...

You might also need a trustrod adjustment.

If you don't know how to do that all yourself, get it set up professionally...

I can imagine the intonation etc is way off and you can't palm mute and stuff :O
Is the setting up something I can do on my own or am I going to have to take it to the guys?

Edit:-

Quote by KoenDercksen
Your action is way to high to my liking... The trem is pulled all up!!!

The base plate should be parallel to the body, adjust the spring tension in the back...

You might also need a trustrod adjustment.

If you don't know how to do that all yourself, get it set up professionally...

I can imagine the intonation etc is way off and you can't palm mute and stuff :O

Sums it up xD

I dont dare play SCOM on it
Palm muting isnt THAT bad though
adjusting your trem shouldn't be too much of a bother to fix, but if it makes you uncomfortable take it to a technician instead.

Meh, even the part where okay is written in green is wrong.
I figure I'm going to have to call a technician.
flip the guitar over, take off the back plate.

tighten the two screws in there and if needed add a spring.

balance the bridge and post back if it's still a problem.

edit:
geez ts you got banned?

you can still chec out the floyd thread top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 17, 2009,
I had same problem with my squier. I just opened the back and putted a 4th spring. If thats not enough (probably won't) just screw the 2 big screws a bit thighter (I know that doesn't sound clear but you will see them if you open the back of the guitar). and if thats not enought you can put another spring or make a trustrod adjustment. Just incase you dont realise it, putting more spring will make it harder to push/pull your tremolo.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by jj1565
flip the guitar over, take off the back plate.

tighten the two screws in there and if needed add a spring.

balance the bridge and post back if it's still a problem.

edit:
geez ts you got banned?

you can still chec out the floyd thread top of the page.

Haha, no, I didnt

I dont have a screw driver now, so I shall report back in the morning
I am also out of strings. Cant find my spares O.O

Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
You have the same laptop as me \m/

btw its the trem. Tighten the screws in the back

This is my mom's laptop
Using it while mine gets delivered. Studio 15.

Quote by Geezus
I had same problem with my squier. I just opened the back and putted a 4th spring. If thats not enough (probably won't) just screw the 2 big screws a bit thighter (I know that doesn't sound clear but you will see them if you open the back of the guitar). and if thats not enought you can put another spring or make a trustrod adjustment. Just incase you dont realise it, putting more spring will make it harder to push/pull your tremolo.

Mine looks like it has only 2 springs.
O.o

Will report tomorrow morning once I go and get a screw driver...
Haha yeah, I saw the third string, it was being covered by the cover. at myself

Heres the new pic, I found a screw driver
And what do you guys think about the neck, is it bent/bending?

The guitars insides are ugly

Pic 1
The tremolo

Pic 2
The action

You guys reckon I should adjust the truss next time I change strings? Oh and as a side story, I broke the E string while de-tuning to rotate the big screws inside, because I forgot to detune the high E while detuning everything else Yes, I'm a newb. Took me an hour-1.5hours, I think
the bridge still doesnt look level.

to adjust action, you adjust the bridge posts, you dont mess with the truss rod unless
you've measured and found your neck needs it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

The bridge posts are the 2 huge screws inside, correct?

Okay, I'll turn them more tomorrow then, I guess :S

New pics tomorrow. Can you please clarify whether the bridge posts are the two huge screws inside?
the "trem" screws are these two.

bridge posts are these two.

all this info is found in the set up threads at the top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

So I was supposed to move the bridge post? Have I messed it up real bad by moving the trem screw? :S

And my model has a no name trem, so Idk if it works the same...
no. you needed to tighten the trem screws to stop the bridge from being lifted at it's ass end.

and then.

if you found that the strings still felt high, you could further adjust THAT by lowering the bridge at it's posts.

all this is found in the floyd and setup stickies. (are you noticing this sentence keeps popping up?)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yes I did, and forgive me, its 2 A.M here. I was waiting for a reply to make sure I havent screwed it up, because if I had, it was time to stay awake till I fix it...

And the reason I cant use the sticky is because I cant figure out what type of tremolo I have...

Shall post again tomorrow.
Thanks Hopefully, I wont need to post again here except to post pics once Iyam done...
yeah i suggest you try the floyd sticky, because the other one is just me answering.
and i'm no help.

but yeah post back if you need anything.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

tighten the springs on your trem, but hight is personal preference i like mine so that if i look at the strings funny it plays a note, but my roomates guitars are both setup so you have to hammer the shyte out of the strings for a note to come out
~Defiant~