i might be getting the ESP LTD EC1000 with EMGs but these arnt too versitle, i play mostly metal and hard rock (metallica and guns n roses) buti sometimes much about with blues stuff

is it worth getting a pickup swap? if so what pickups should i get? or should i get a different guitar like the schecter blackjack C-1

thanks in advance
no, the EMG's sound fine, and if you roll back the volume knob on your guitar you can get a good light crunch for blues... but if you're stuck in wanting other pickups, get EMG-X's. They have the crunch of the EMG's and the versatility of SD Blackouts without getting muddy

btw, ESP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schecter. Schecter's always feel like they're made of plastic to me. The ESP LTD will be of far better quality.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
no, the EMG's sound fine, and if you roll back the volume knob on your guitar you can get a good light crunch for blues... but if you're stuck in wanting other pickups, get EMG-X's. They have the crunch of the EMG's and the versatility of SD Blackouts without getting muddy

thanks alot i wasnt too sure i wont get the Xs unless i really feel i need htem
Honestly i like the schecter. Never played the MH but my EC wasnt as good as my hellraiser. I guess i like the longer scale on the schecter also.
i got the same guitar an i can get good cleans out of it. maybe you amp has something to do with it
Quote by SPBY

btw, ESP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schecter. Schecter's always feel like they're made of plastic to me. The ESP LTD will be of far better quality.

They are made in the same factory, by the same workers, I don'T think that their quality are so different.
ಠ_ಠ
i tried it out without an amp, just to get the feel, i liked it, but if i do get it im getting a new amp anyway so ill just take it down to the shop and try it out
emg's should be fine. They are more versatile than one would think. And the LTD will be better. If you liked the LTD, it would be hard to believe that you would like a schecter at all. Get a baseball bat and imagine that as the neck.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack