I own a vinyl graphics business and just started getting into doing full vehicle wraps. I got bored one night and decided since a guitar is pretty much finished the same way a vehicle is, why couldn't a whole guitar be wrapped? My experiment went really well and it turned out pretty awesome!!! I would've payed out the a$$ to of had this painted on there!!!!

I believe so. Check out AxeWraps.

EDIT: Forgot to add that you did a great job on that wrap
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Last edited by leftyace at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by linksys24
Not even close

Can i ask the difference? its a bad ass looking guitar, but the idea seems pretty close to axe wraps
Quote by linksys24
Not even close

Could you explain then how what you did differs? Im not an expert on either of these wrap jobs and im sure others are wondering as well.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Damn thats a clean job!! Im in the car business and have some contacts that do vinyl as well, I should check it out.

Very well done
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Axe wraps is only a sticker that covers the front of the guitar body. The rest of the guitar is showing like the sides, the back, the neck, the headstock etc. What I did is wrapped the whole entire guitar! This guitar used to be solid red.

And thanks!!! I've very happy how it turned out!
How much did it cost you?
If someone you dont know personally asked you to do it, how much would you charge them for it?

Also, awesome
That looks bad ass!!! but wouldn't the vinyl on the neck kinda make it sticky?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
That looks baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad (in a good way)

I dig it. I just checked axewraps and didn't even know they had that kind of customizing for guitars.

Nice job. Looks ****in nice!
Quote by MetalHead916
That looks baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad (in a good way)

I dig it. I just checked axewraps and didn't even know they had that kind of customizing for guitars.

Nice job. Looks ****in nice!

This wasn't done by axe wraps! They don't offer this kind of work. I did it myself.

If I were to do this for someone I'd probably charge around $300-$400.

I thought the neck would be a bit sticky too but it's actually not any worse than a painted neck.
Quote by linksys24
Axe wraps is only a sticker that covers the front of the guitar body. The rest of the guitar is showing like the sides, the back, the neck, the headstock etc. What I did is wrapped the whole entire guitar! This guitar used to be solid red.

And thanks!!! I've very happy how it turned out!

How sticky is the neck?? I imagine it can be a little sticky. And talk to some local guitar players and charge them big! Make some money off this idea!

How much did it cost you to use the vinyl? Then multiply it by 4 and then add like 60 bucks for installation.

EDIT: saw the sticky neck one. Lol. I need to read!
Quote by nickdohle
How sticky is the neck?? I imagine it can be a little sticky. And talk to some local guitar players and charge them big! Make some money off this idea!

How much did it cost you to use the vinyl? Then multiply it by 4 and then add like 60 bucks for installation.

EDIT: saw the sticky neck one. Lol. I need to read!

The material I used is the same stuff I use for wrapping vehicles which is about $700.00 for a 50 yard roll of vinyl and laminate. For a guitar though it doesn't use too much material.
Quote by linksys24
This wasn't done by axe wraps! They don't offer this kind of work. I did it myself.

If I were to do this for someone I'd probably charge around $300-$400.

I thought the neck would be a bit sticky too but it's actually not any worse than a painted neck.

Uhhh Yeah, I know. You said axewraps wasn't even close to this? I think you got confused by my post.

I was just mentioning axewraps from whoever posted it earlier. I had no clue there was even a service that would put a vinyl on the front of your guitar.

But they did seem kind of plain. And yours looks like more of a "customized" look, not to mention it's around the whole guitar, even the neck.

Good job bro~!
Quote by MetalHead916
Uhhh Yeah, I know. You said axewraps wasn't even close to this? I think you got confused by my post.

I was just mentioning axewraps from whoever posted it earlier. I had no clue there was even a service that would put a vinyl on the front of your guitar.

But they did seem kind of plain. And yours looks like more of a "customized" look, not to mention it's around the whole guitar, even the neck.

Good job bro~!

My bad dude!! I was confused on your post lol!!!

Thanks!!!!
That is BAD ASS! I imagine you could make a fair pit of cash doing that for people.
looks great! awesome job! that thing looks amazing, pretty much opens up a world of possibilities as far as a design on a guitar goes. very clean looking too
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
nice man. B.C richs usually look like every other metal guitar, you've made it look great though.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Hey it looks great. Just remember not to use Lacquer paint if you're using vinyl to cover up specific parts. You see, Vinyl dissolves lacquer.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Perfect job. So what exactly is this vinyl wrap thing you do for vehicles?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
that looks amazing!! i have a plain white guitar i would to do something like this too. just not anything on the neck because it wouldnt be too smooth anymore. but great job, looks like painted on.

EDIT: if you got the bawls, start your own business doing this kinda stuff. create your own wraps and put them on for people. u could do well...
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Last edited by a7xsteve at Aug 17, 2009,
that looks ****in awesome! i thought the guitar was originally white and you added the rest, but it was originally red? woah. you, my friend, have just stumbled on to a get rich quick scheme. The thing is, this is a GOOD get rich quick scheme. see if people around your area are willing to pay that price for the custom look. i would have to try it and feel it for myself before i could decide, but idk if i would pay $400 for this. you can prolly get it custom PAINTED for that. you might want to check what some common prices for painting are and just undercut those. After all, putting that on HAD to be easier than sanding and re-finishing a guitar to look like that. Plus it was prolly waaay cheaper. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS!!!!! AXE LOOKS AS BADASS AS IT GETS!
I think someone over in GB&C wrapped their guitar in Tolex once (the stuff that's on amps). It was pretty damned cool.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
This is borderline advertising. I would have left it open except for your totally disingenuous title. Please be very careful about how your threads can be construed as ads.