I've been having a couple little problems with my bridge system on my ESP LTD mh-401, namely just small parts getting stripped ect. I stripped one of the nuts that screws in one of the three clamps on the locking nut, so I need to replace that so I can tighten it all the way again. Also, I noticed my high e string kept slipping out from its saddle. I found that little pieces of the string have broken off in the past and the metal was like flattened and wrapped around the screw/nut thing that you tighten to lock the string into place at the bridge. I got all of the old string out of it, but something is wrong with it now. It seems to be stripped, because it tightens up to a point, not tight enough to lock the string, and if u tighten it anymore, it becomes loose again. I think I should replace the screw and the saddle.

Is there anywhere I can go to get individual parts, because I cant afford to buy and replace my floyd special with a floyd original, and I'll have no problem just replacing these tiny parts. Should I just scour ebay? Thanks
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Do you have the manufacturers contacts? If so give them a bell, also, I would not think that ebay would do single items of that sort.... But good luck none the less!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I know you can buy new saddles, but I'm not sure if you can buy them separately or all 6 at once. But if you have to buy them all, might as well replace them all. If you're having problems with one, you might end up having similar problems with the others.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Well, allparts.com and sites like that (guitarfetish.com might have it, Idk. But if they do, it'll be at an awesome price. I'd check there first.) But, check vendors before ebay... I've gotten many products that were wrong or knock off. Saddles aren't too bad to buy in the first place.

And if you really wanna make an upgrade for looks and sound, get Graphtech saddles, if they make them for floyd's. Still under $100, a t.o.m. set was 40 for me.
Thanks guys. I've searched those sites, and they do sell sets of pieces, but theyre like 50-80 bucks. Or they have the whole original floyd rose for 150 ect ect, but I really think I just need two screws/nuts to replace my stripped ones. That should only cost me like $5 max. I'm not sure if I even need to replace the saddle or not. It could just be the screw that is messed up.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Yeah. I failed to mention that after some inspection, it isnt the nut/screw thing that goes into the saddle that is stripped. The portion of the saddle that it screws into before it hits the little string clamp block is what is stripped. The screw just slides right through it now. I found saddles on stewmac, but you can only buy all 6, and its ****ing $80 just for a set of saddles. I fixed the stripped nut by going to home depot and buying a new nut to lock the clamp in place at my local Home Depot for like 50 cents. I just gotta find a way to fix the stupid saddle.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by forsaknazrael

Wow your the man. Great find. The only problem is, they sold out of the chrome ones, and naturally I have chrome saddles :P. Thanks for all ur hard work man. I had no idea how expensive individual saddles were. I may just take the blow and buy the set of them seeing this, but if they have a chrome one in stock then i can just buy that
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

I think I have to be careful which one I buy. I have a floyd special in my guitar, not original. Its similar to a licensed I think. So I think I have to stick to licensed saddles perhaps?

And what do you make of this? Is this actually an original floyd rose set for only 55 bucks?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Chrome-Original-Style-Floyd-Rose-FRT200-Double-Locking_W0QQitemZ370230400059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item563373943b&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

EDIT: Ohh nvm. It says original in the title, but in the explanation it says licensed.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Aug 18, 2009,