Alright, I am going to purchase a new amp and it is probably going to be Peavey Classic 30. I am very pleased with the opinions I have heard so far and with what I have heard on YouTube. I am still looking forward to trying it out in person before the actual purchase.
I am mainly looking for a bluesy tones, and so far I've been using active EMGs. These bad boys are widely regarded as metal pickups, and certainly not pickups of choice of any bluesman. My budgets is sort of limited, so I can't afford a pickup switch or another guitar along with the Peavey this very moment.
And this is where I am wondering, will an Epi LP armed with these EMGs do any decent in blues along with the mentioned Peavey? And I am talking, a decent blues sound, not neccesairly the most awe-inspiring tone you could think of. I am using Marshal MG at the moment (God, have mercy on my naive soul), so squeezing any sort of blues tone out of this and testing the EMGs for blues myself is not a possibility.
Sooner or later I am going to switch the pickups as well, but I am just wondering if I can hope for something at least remotely pleasing.

Also on a side note, what in your opinion would be the best classic rock/blues pickups for a medium price?

Disclaimer: I have to work on formulating my thoughts in a more clean and brief way...
Last edited by TheBlackened at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by TheBlackened
Alright, I am going to purchase a new amp and it is probably going to be Peavey Classic 30. I am very pleased with the opinions I have heard so far and with what I have heard on YouTube. I am still looking forward to trying it out in person before the actual purchase.
I am mainly looking for a bluesy tones, and so far I've been using active EMGs. These bad boys are widely regarded as metal pickups, and certainly not pickups of choice of any bluesman. My budgets is sort of limited, so I can't afford a pickup switch or another guitar along with the Peavey this very moment.
And this is where I am wondering, will an Epi LP armed with these EMGs do any decent in blues along with the mentioned Peavey? And I am talking, a decent blues sound, not neccesairly the most awe-inspiring tone you could think of. I am using Marshal MG at the moment (God, have mercy on my naive soul), so squeezing any sort of blues tone out of this and testing the EMGs for blues myself is not a possibility.
Sooner or later I am going to switch the pickups as well, but I am just wondering if I can hope for something at least remotely pleasing.

Also on a side note, what in your opinion would be the best classic rock/blues pickups for a medium price?

Disclaimer: I have to work on formulating my thoughts in a more clean and brief way...

just dial back the gain on your amp and you should be fine.

IMO, best classic rock/blues combo is a Seymour Duncan JB or a '59 in the brige and a Jazz or '59 in the neck. if you want a ruder tone, get the Pearly Gates set.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
you'll be fine, you may want to do an 18v mod. Look into that.

I've run emg's into my amp before and got blues just fine, just had to dial back the gain
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808