What happens to EMG pickups when the battery goes dead?

I have look on their site and they said ' At that point, you
will hear little or no output from the guitar'

So do you hear anything? I am wondering to just put a switch to cut the power or a kill switch to cut the signal on my guitar.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Just unplug the guitar when done and it'll last you a long long time. When the battery starts dying your output will decrease, and then cut out alltogether.
WTLTL 2011
The pickups start sounding very muddy, it loses all of its atack, and then start decreasing the output level.
They last a lot though, I change my batteries like 3 times per year.
Yeah, make sure you don't leave it plugged in, the battery drains as long as the circuit is intact.

Tones sounds flat and dead then slowly deteriorates from there, but 9 Volt batterys arent exactly expensive anyway, so relax.
Quote by CrusaderTrivium
9 Volt batterys arent exactly expensive anyway, so relax.

There $8 bucks for a 2 pack where I live
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I am sorry, I am not being clear....

What I mean is if I make a switch that cuts all the power from the battery circuit then will the sound from the pickups go completely? (I want it to BTW)

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Why cut the power? Just use a switch to kill the output from the pickups.
Zero battery power equals zero output, but killswitches are usually wired to the output since it's easiest to wire it there.
Because I want to switch from 9 to 18volts as well with one 3 way 4pdt switch.

Certified lurker
Ibanez RGT6EXFX EMG 81 bridge all settings are the same first recording is without the battery and the second with.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/642578192b8eaa45/ (You can listen to the audio there, no need for downloading anything.)
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Damn. Ill be wiring that one diffrently then. Or I might add a separate kill and have the sound on there!

EDIT:

On the other hand, no I wont be doing that.

EDIT2: Mind you, I am always leaving my guitar plugged in to it would be cool to be able to kill it....

Maby I will - Ill get the body template and see how it looks with the following dials on it

two volumes
two tones one a push/pull for engageing/disengagin the kill
two 3ways

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Aug 17, 2009,
i liked the idea tho :P i was thinkin, Man if this works im gonna do it. Maybe wire the top position to have 1 9v then the middle to another 9v then the bottom position as a killswitch then use the 2 position to combine the 2 9vs to the 18v mod? Not sure if 3dpt switches are built to take power like that but it might work? Maybe somone with more experiance in wiring could help.
~Defiant~
I have tried for ages to get to know how to wire it - However I want to be usig both of the batteries when I am using one so I dont get an uneven drain (-:

Certified lurker