Page 1 of 8
Quote by JDawg
You're not very tolerant.

Under the rules, swimmers – including non-Muslims – are barred from entering the pool in normal swimming attire.

No, they aren't very tolerant.
I am dissapoint.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
This is the most sickening thing I've read in a while. Who the hell do they think they are, imposing their religious rules on non muslim people?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
This is the most sickening thing I've read in a while. Who the hell do they think they are, imposing their religious rules on non muslim people?

They aren't opposing anything on anyone, unless you want to swim during one of their "sessions".
LARGE TEXT
send them back!

this has been a long time coming and is blown out of all proportion. Oh, the telegraph.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Whoever made that rule is obviously a homo.

Seriously, why would you try to prevent women from wearing limited clothing?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
That article is a wee bit sensationalist don't you think? Its not like they are enforcing it for everyone all the time, just in a specific time slot allocated to Muslim swimmers and if there is big enough demand to justify such a thing then I see no problem with it.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by JDawg
You're not very tolerant.

facepalm.jpg

Quote by kxy1992
Whoever made that rule is obviously a homo.

Seriously, why would you try to prevent women from wearing limited clothing?

*insert HILARIOUS facepalm macro*
Well you won't see me over in <insert Muslim based city> throwind my BBQ'd sausages everywhere

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
great, just what the Muslim community needs: more ignorance-oriented hate towards them... :/

also, who swims at public pools anymore? I mean come on! Get a friend with a pool in their backyard.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Last edited by theking182 at Aug 17, 2009,
The Telegraph is a sensationalist paper for right-wing idiots.

Aso, I couldnt care less about Muslim only swimming sessions that last an hour having a different dress code. Nobody's forcing you to attend.
I've been here since '04.

I would be extremely pissed off if I lived in the U.K. and paid taxes. If your tax money is going to build these pools then you should be allowed to swim in a bikini whenever the hell you want.

I just hope this sort of thing never happens in Canada. It's already bad enough when people can immigrate over here and receive old age security without working a single day in Canada.
^It was the council's decision you cretin, and I think you're forgetting that it's the country for everyone who is a citizen, regardless of their religion.

Oh, and you immigrated to France to get away from all these damn immigrants? Flawless logic there, genius.

Quote by Mark G

The muslims weren't doing it, it was the dumbass councils. Although yes, it is absurd. Segregation is unacceptable.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Aug 17, 2009,
I am entirely behind this motion.

Skinny dipping FTW!!!
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i'm a muslim, and even i think this is unfair cause it's taking away their freedom
Its about time they make those crazy middle eastern girls cover up

EDIT: nevermind, didnt read the article first, just assumed...

stilll a dumbass rule
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Last edited by Aerokizzombie at Aug 17, 2009,
Without wanting to sound like a Mail-reading-working-class-bnp-supporting-arsehole, this is what's wrong with the UK right now.

I'm all for immigration, I have no problem with asylum seekers and I personally think that they should let whoever wants to come here come, and that if people want to practise Sharya (sp?) law, they can, but it shouldn't be imposed on non-Muslims like that.

edit: hell it shouldn't really be imposed on anyone.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by stevve
So, don't go swimming for the hour and a half that this is enforced big deal.

But then that's inflicting on the freedoms of non-Muslims, isn't it?
Quote by Don_Humpador

Yes, I finished the rest of it and thought it through.
Quote by jgbsmith
Without wanting to sound like a Mail-reading-working-class-bnp-supporting-arsehole, this is what's wrong with the UK right now.

I'm all for immigration, I have no problem with asylum seekers and I personally think that they should let whoever wants to come here come, and that if people want to practise Sharya (sp?) law, they can, but it shouldn't be imposed on non-Muslims like that.

edit: hell it shouldn't really be imposed on anyone.

The Daily Mail is a middle class paper. Tabloids are working class papers.

Sharia law.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
That is ridiculous... does anyone know what burqas are for?

Traditionally it is viewed that all men are sex obsessed and liable to rape women who are inappropriately dressed. The burqa (covering a woman/hiding skin) is supposed to defuse those sexual impulses of men.

Now its just an excuse to restrict women's rights in conservative areas of the Muslim world like parts of Afghanistan.

I don't think beaches outside of the Muslim world are rape-fests therefore burqas are unnecessary.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Meths
The Daily Mail is a middle class paper. Tabloids are working class papers.

Sharia law.

okay, but you get the picture.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Tolerant to what? Blatant segregation?

It doesn't say that Muslims can only swim during the sessions. I'm sure Muslims could still swim during a non-Muslim swimming session if they so pleased. If anything it is accommodating to the Muslim community.
Quote by Don_Humpador

Not really.
Are the half hour sessions for children's swimming lessons restricting freedom to non-children? Do I kick up a fuss because I can't go in the pool during 65+ aqua aerobics? No, because in order for society to function we have to realise that we can't always do what we want when we want. Its just easy to hate on Muslims because twats like the Telegraph give the public an "us vs them" complex.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Quote by Cameronrobson
One and a half hours every week. Those bastards.

The time is irrelevant... it's the principle.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards