Page 1 of 2
I know everyone thinks Linkin Park is overrated, but anyone ever hear of Camp Freddy? It happened in 2006.

Chester went out with Slash, and Joe Satriani, and played some old songs, Chester wasn't as good as the original, but sounded like he was in the wrong type of band.

Whole Lotta Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqCBzN_N80

Highway to Hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNQdRA--ks&feature=related

Paradise City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIP95c3FMb8

Out of those 3, Highway to Hell was probably my favorite, but do you think Chester is underrated? Or should at least be in a different band?
He is in no fucking way underrated.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
He is in no fucking way underrated.

Well, not underrated, but like, IDK what to call it, I think he could be bigger, just Linkin Park holds him back, check the links out. He sounds like he could be in a more serious rock band.
Chester on a stage with Slash and Joe Satriani was probably the highlight of his life, and best show of his life too.
Well, I think there are some singers that are bigger than the band theyre in...but that doesnt matter. It depends on what theyre doing with what theyve got
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
to be fair, you won't get far with this thread. Most people here won't look beyond his '****** emo boy singer' stereotype. Personally I think his voice is great and pretty diverse. I'm not a Linkin Park fan and he seems pretty limited in LP.

It would be cool to hear him to do something like this more often and maybe feature on Slash's solo album
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
I dont think he's underrated one bit. i also like him in linkin park. i think they have a pretty cool sound going on.

on a side note. i hate your sig TS.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
That was definitely really good, and by the way, Pittsburgh sucks. They may have 2 championship teams, but in the end, you still live in Pittsburgh.
Chester is a ****ing amazing singer. He was the really the only reason I liked Linkin Park post 7th grade.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I dont like this type of music anymore than I like Linkin Park anyway. Maybe minus GnR.
I've been here since '04.

Quote by Johnny Trash
to be fair, you won't get far with this thread. Most people here won't look beyond his '****** emo boy singer' stereotype. Personally I think his voice is great and pretty diverse. I'm not a Linkin Park fan and he seems pretty limited in LP.

It would be cool to hear him to do something like this more often and maybe feature on Slash's solo album

He is doing his on solo thing I think, I'm not positive on that, but his voice is simply one of the best in the modern era, he just gets so much **** cause of Linkin Park, when he could be bigger than that.

That would be cool though, he did do a thing with Motley Crue for Home Sweet Home, everyone who hears it though isn't gonna know thats him till they actually hear that it is him.
Quote by ToughGuy123
That was definitely really good, and by the way, Pittsburgh sucks. They may have 2 championship teams, but in the end, you still live in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh is a great place to live man, alot of people outside the city don't believe so, but if your born and raised in Pittsburgh, guarantee you would love this place.
He's got a really puny voice. So no.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Have you guys heard him live, in person? He still sounds like a whiny teenager. (Of course he claimed to be getting over the flu at the time, and to his credit his voice has filled out quite a bit since Hybrid Theory, but still.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i hate linkin park, but he sounds ok here. the biggest problem is that his stage presence in those videos was that of a whiny teenage douchebag. he doesn't have the attitude/presence to sing those songs.

plus he can't write lyrics for ****.
Quote by eltyr18
Pittsburgh is a great place to live man, alot of people outside the city don't believe so, but if your born and raised in Pittsburgh, guarantee you would love this place.
Ha, I was just ****ing around, I'm sure it's cool.
Quote by mental_zer0
i hate linkin park, but he sounds ok here. the biggest problem is that his stage presence in those videos was that of a whiny teenage douchebag. he doesn't have the attitude/presence to sing those songs.

I found what he did fine, I doubt anyone was looking at him anyway with fricken Slash on the stage. I thought he did the songs really well, if he wasn't in Linkin Park and a more serious band for people older than 13, I bet alot of people would have like this alot.

Quote by ToughGuy123
Ha, I was just ****ing around, I'm sure it's cool.

haha, k.

Edit: Just so you know, Camp Freddy was a band name it consisted of
Dave Navarro - Lead Guitar
Billy Morrison - Rhythm Guitar
Matt Sorum - Drums
Donovan Leitch Jr. - Vocals
Chris Chaney - Bass
Last edited by eltyr18 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by fishstickrocker
Over rated if u ask me. Lp Is good from a pop type of music but not rock. Blah!!!

I wasn't saying Linkin Park was rock, I was saying Chester could be in a more serious band, not Linkin Park.
Quote by rmr024
How is he held back by linkin park.. doesn't he write the songs

I'm not positive, but I think Mike Shinoda writes most of their songs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-5-5-5-7-3-3-3-
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-5-5-5-7-3-3-3-
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-5-5-5-7-3-3-3-

no
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
I thought New Divide had terrible vocals, but somehow he can sing Highway to Hell pretty well. Someone tell me how that works?
Quote by FlyingPirahna
I thought New Divide had terrible vocals, but somehow he can sing Highway to Hell pretty well. Someone tell me how that works?

I think he'd be better when it comes to a more classic sound, instead of Linkin Park, that might be why.
His voice is pretty good Shame I hate Linkin Park with a passion. :P

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
i think its actually pretty good. mostly because i hate linkin park and its a bit unexpected i guess. during Whole Lotta Love i found his moaning way too annoying, tho i also found it annoying when Robert Plant did it soo... yeah.

Quote by mental_zer0

i couldnt agree with you more. i hate that kinda stage presence. it pisses me off so much. like people who do that act like theyre sickly cancer patients clinging to an IV. god its so retarded. i dont know what theyre trying to say, but they just look like tools..
Last edited by Iivewire at Aug 17, 2009,
not terrible tbh, better than I thought it'd be.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Iivewire
i think its actually pretty good. mostly because i hate linkin park and its a bit unexpected i guess. during Whole Lotta Love i found his moaning way too annoying, tho i also found it annoying when Robert Plant did it soo... yeah.

i couldnt agree with you more. i hate that kinda stage presence. it pisses me off so much. like people who do that act like theyre sickly cancer patients clinging to an IV. god its so retarded. i dont know what theyre trying to say, but they just look like tools..

I thought he got the moaning spot on, but the moaning is kind of annoying, but it did sound like Robert Plant alot. But for stage presence, who really cares? I doubt anyone's eyes were on him during that with Slash up there, who did a kickass job on the cover songs that he did, and of course his own song Paradise City.

Edit: And to the people that said he is horrible, I have a feeling you didn't take a listen to any of the videos, and just said he's horrible cause of Linkin Park, which if you even need one song to listen to by him in Linkin Park, look up the piano version of Pushing Me Away.
Last edited by eltyr18 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fred Durst is cooler.

Only sad thing about this is that Linkin Park actually did tour with Limp Bizkit back in like 2001.
Amazing vocalist.

In his screams, doesn't he have 2 tones at once, or something?

Scientists can't understand why?
RIP Tom Searle.
Page 1 of 2