How is the reliability on the Bugera 6262 212s? And if they crap out will the manufacturers warranty cover it? Reason I'm asking is because I question spending $700 on one and it breaks and people said they have had reliability issues. I played one in-store the other day and it blew me away. I'm returning my Blackstar HT-5 to music123 in the next couple days for the Bugera. Anyone had any experience with them? And has yours been fine or did it break down? Thanks for any help.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I've had my 333XL-212 for about 10 months now, broke down once after a month(something to do with the fuse), took it back to the store and they fixed it. No bigger experience of the 6262's, but Im thinking its pretty much the same. Other than that, I've had no problems at all.
search bar
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Well I've had my 6262 head for a half year or so with no problems whatsoever. Damn does this thing sound great when you have it set up right
Gear:
Bugera 6262 head
MXR M-108
Gibson Explorer faded
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ask in the Bugera Thread.

To me, people have blown the reliability issues way out of proportion. Similar to the way in which the Spider III amps were accused of being absolutely crap when they serve a purpose.
Bugera offer a warranty on any problem occuring within the amplifier that has not been caused by recklessness. There is no reason why it should not be refunded or fixed for free. The shop you bought it from also offer a similar service.
It's in the laws as civilians: If a product breaks down for no reason, you are entitled by law to have it sorted out. If they refuse to fix it, you can take it to court and are guaranteed to win.
But to be honest, I've heard very little from people saying that Behringer don't treat their customers with respect. You will obviously have bad days where you catch an ignorant twat on the phone. But that happens with any company.
They have recognized something is wrong with their amps and set up a customer service aid just for that. As did Xbox when people started getting that Red of Death on their consoles. It's basic business logic.

Ask of all the Bugera owners. Not everyone's model has broken down. They are one of the best gigging amplifiers in a low price range. Fact.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Aug 17, 2009,

In all honesty, they're damn good amps for the price - and if you're worried about reliability, just read the warranty carefully before you buy!
Last edited by kyle62 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by kyle62

In all honesty, they're damn good amps for the price - and if you're worried about reliability, just read the warranty carefully before you buy!

OMG i LOL'D so hard!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by JayT44
How is the reliability on the Bugera 6262 212s? And if they crap out will the manufacturers warranty cover it? Reason I'm asking is because I question spending $700 on one and it breaks and people said they have had reliability issues. I played one in-store the other day and it blew me away. I'm returning my Blackstar HT-5 to music123 in the next couple days for the Bugera. Anyone had any experience with them? And has yours been fine or did it break down? Thanks for any help.

$700. That's a lot of money for something with questionable reliability. Now the 6262 is the 5150 clone right? I see nice used Peavey 5150 212 combos on eBay all the time for right around $500. Those amps were made right here in the USA and are built like freakin' tanks. Now if you PREFER the Bugera sound over the Peavey then go for the Bugera. But if you think they sound similar my first question is.. why not buy the real thing? My second question is.. How often do you hear of 5150's blowin' up?
Quote by kyle62

i had no idea wat was with the pic then i looked at it closer thensaw the bugera the i lol'd.
Quote by BobDetroit
$700. That's a lot of money for something with questionable reliability. Now the 6262 is the 5150 clone right? I see nice used Peavey 5150 212 combos on eBay all the time for right around $500. Those amps were made right here in the USA and are built like freakin' tanks. Now if you PREFER the Bugera sound over the Peavey then go for the Bugera. But if you think they sound similar my first question is.. why not buy the real thing? My second question is.. How often do you hear of 5150's blowin' up?

the 5150's you have to turn the funkin thing up to play it, cant play at lower volume levels. bugeras sound sweet at 1!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by ksmc
the 5150's you have to turn the funkin thing up to play it, cant play at lower volume levels. bugeras sound sweet at 1!

I've demo'ed 5150's side by side with Bugeras and the 5150's always came out on top at low volumes and then murdered them at higher volumes.
Quote by IbanezPsycho

I've demo'ed 5150's side by side with Bugeras and the 5150's always came out on top at low volumes and then murdered them at higher volumes.

heard there amps were set at a cold bias thats why the lack of distortion??
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by ksmc

I don't think he's referring to a lack of distortion here. Both amps get very high gain, but a cold bias would leave the Bugera not sounding as good as it could be.

As far as I know, on the more recent productions, Bugera has fixed the reliability problems. Be careful if you get one used though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Mine arrived from the factory broken. It's in the shop right now, you should be alright as long as you buy one with a warranty.
Defender of the Llama
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
Mine arrived from the factory broken. It's in the shop right now, you should be alright as long as you buy one with a warranty.

Well they come with a manufacturer's warranty but does anyone know how the long the warranty is for? If it's a couple years it should be okay. And I've heard they fixed their reliability issues by a few people. Is that true?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
You guys do realize that the manufacturers warranty means taking it to a repair place that they choose, if its not in driving distance then YOU are responsible for shipping it. Shipping a 75lb+ amp is going to dent your wallet, so when you get it back 5-6 weeks later it'll have the same stock tubes in it, yeah!
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by ksmc

the 5150s are actually biased cold stock from the get go. they are not adjustable bias so in order to make the amp a bit warmer you have to have a bias mod on the amp to make it adjustable bias and bias them up from there. my dads old stock 5150 head came direct from factory with the 6l6 tubes with a fixed bias of 35mA which is a bit to cold for these amps. so thats why i bought a 5150 II, adjsutable bias on it. as well as the 6262s. just takes a bout 10 min the bais these suckers back up
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA