Hey,

My first project is coming along nicely, its more of a learning curve but still want it to look good and sound ok (if possible)

I've come to my pickups and cannot decide on a single Humbucker or if it is possible to do one humbucker and one single coil?

I can solder but would this be possible to do??

Please Help, I have looked on the Wiring thread and although it was helpful, doesnt answer these questions.
it is possible. What kind of controls you wanna have? like type of pikcup switch, tone, volumes, etc.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I wanna keep the Controls as basic as possible, If it is a single humbucker, just the volume and thats it. Not too sure about any pots etc, open to ideas though?

Im guessing a 500k pot to give it a bit more power.
or if you want it brighter and slightly gainier, then 1meg is good too. I'd use 1Meg on basswood and mahogany, but it's preference I guess.

why humbucker and single coil?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by slashmad84
I wanna keep the Controls as basic as possible, If it is a single humbucker, just the volume and thats it. Not too sure about any pots etc, open to ideas though?

Im guessing a 500k pot to give it a bit more power.

That depends a bit on which humbucker and/or single coil you choose to use.

It is very very simple to do humbucker and single coil combinations. A humbucker bridge and single neck is quite popular but lots of people also like using 3 pickups with either an HSH setup or an HSS. Adding more pickups doesn't really make the wiring any more complicated.
Not taking any online orders.
^ this.

when you decide on your configuration and/or options adding a pickup is just a matter of connecting the wires to the existing setup and a switch to select between the two... not really brain surgery especially considering the amount of wiring diagrams you can find on the internet... google makes everyone a pro
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Thats cool, like you said, i have found loads of wiring diagrams so shouldnt be too bad.

I was thinking the Humbucker and singlecoil set up to give the guitar a bit more versatility, just one humbucker on the bridge might be a bit restrictive. Thanks for the advise on the 1 Meg pot though, think thats something im gonna roll with.