As the title says.

Also, what are some ways to build left hand speed?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
As the title says.

Also, what are some ways to build left hand speed?

i like your signature
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
i like your signature

I like it too
Quote by xaviergray
Asking the Pit to play this is kinda like asking the guy who makes suggestive gay jokes if he wants to have sex with a man.
can i jsut say thanks for the personal stickys idea i kno longer have to have 20 favorites it stupid place where i cant find them, anbd i also like ur sig. one by metallica has some sweep picking in the 1st solo not too hard either
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by blenk
can i jsut say thanks for the personal stickys idea i kno longer have to have 20 favorites it stupid place where i cant find them, anbd i also like ur sig. one by metallica has some sweep picking in the 1st solo not too hard either

I'm not asking for easy sweep picking solo's, i'm asking for techniques to help me get better at it quickly. And i can play the first solo in One already.

Also, thanks for sig comments.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Things to keep in mind:

When learning to sweep keep your guitar on a clean channel so you don't have to avoid note bleed aswell
Make sure no notes bleed into each other
Make sure your hand are coordinated
Use your picking hand to mute strings
Correct fingering for each type of sweep
Hmmm thats about all that comes to mind quickly

great way of incresing speed is to play along to songs,you will find your self playing lot quicker in no time
start with 3 note per string shape eg

------5-5-
---6------6--
-7----------7
x
x
x

use metronome to build speed

then 4 string
-----5-5-
---5-----5-
--6-------6
-7----------7
x
x

make sure all these notes sound seperate and are pressed seperate otherwise its just sounding like a broken chord

then add hammer on pull offs

-----5-8-5-
---6--------6-
-7------------7
x
x
x

the hammer ons will be the slowest thing you are doing so make sure they are quick

then do this on 4 strings

then do 5 string shapes.....
Last edited by Serg1 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by Serg1
start with 3 note per string shape eg

------5-5-
---6------6--
-7----------7
x
x
x

use metronome to build speed

then 4 string
-----5-5-
---5-----5-
--6-------6
-7----------7
x
x

make sure all these notes sound seperate and are pressed seperate otherwise its just sounding like a broken chord

then add hammer on pull offs

-----5-8-5-
---6--------6-
-7------------7
x
x
x

the hammer ons will be the slowest thing you are doing so make sure they are quick

then do this on 4 strings

then do 5 string shapes.....

I'm on 5 string shapes -______-

And thanks drawnacol.
Quote by King Twili
I'm on 5 string shapes -______-

And thanks drawnacol.

well you cant be doing them cleanly if you are asking for this information on 5. even if you think you can do 5 go back to 3 and clean it up. put it on mp3 here we can check it out.
Quote by Serg1
well you cant be doing them cleanly if you are asking for this information on 5. even if you think you can do 5 go back to 3 and clean it up. put it on mp3 here we can check it out.

I would if i could.
Patience.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I always practice them with as much distortion as I can....its harder to keep the notes from bleeding together that way and it forces me to be more careful
Imo, it's best to do it with both no distortion and a lot, isn't it? No distortion forces you to be more accurate, whereas distortion makes you play more carefully or something? Wording's awful, but you get the gist of it.
To be honest I don't know ways of getting better at it quickly, this technique is one that takes a lot of practice and time to perfect. It is not one to be rushed, it took me forever to get it. If your at 5 string sweeps.. your making good progress, whats the rush. Practice with distortion, practice along with some sweeps in a song, practice with a metronome. I can definitely say its worth the time and effort, sweeping is so fun to do.
Without Distortion you Learn how to play without the note running together, along with Proper Accentation. With Distortion, you learn how to cut out the excess noise that you don't hear in Clean.

Play Piss slow until you can play the shape perfectly. Put a metronome at 60BPM, and match every note to a beat, For 1NPS. When you can play it Perfectly, up the tempo as needed.
Eventually as you get better, you may just need to play the whole shape within a beat at 60BPM, And then up it from there.
Quote by King Twili
I'm not asking for easy sweep picking solo's, i'm asking for techniques to help me get better at it quickly. And i can play the first solo in One already.

Also, thanks for sig comments.

There's no such thing - it takes time and you're going to have to be patient.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm no sweeping master, but I actually started on 5 string sweeps. As long as you play it slowly and accurately it's fine as far as I know.

Remember you can't practice speed. You practice accuracy and from there you build speed
I hate my sig
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Without Distortion you Learn how to play without the note running together, along with Proper Accentation. With Distortion, you learn how to cut out the excess noise that you don't hear in Clean.

Play Piss slow until you can play the shape perfectly. Put a metronome at 60BPM, and match every note to a beat, For 1NPS. When you can play it Perfectly, up the tempo as needed.
Eventually as you get better, you may just need to play the whole shape within a beat at 60BPM, And then up it from there.

+1 i always use no distortion when i play

memorize simple patterns for the Major, and minor arps

learn to construct them

patience, patience and more patience

and do everything slow at first till you build the muscle memory
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.