Any opinions on this? Im seriously considering this amp as i need a low volume, good sounding amp to play jazz to blues to joe satriani style overdrive. The "power sponge" feature seems really great but anyone knows if it sucks tone like other attenuators?

The other option seems to be the Vox ac4tv, i knoiw its a lot less money but is it worth it? Considering I play mostly blues and dabble in jazz, so needs a certain amount of clean headroom.

I play an american strat with antiquity pickups and the series switching mod (basically makes a big humbucker out of the single coils).

Thanks.
the AC4 is much better, IMO. not as many features (no Recording out, not tremolo), but it sounds just as good for much less. the AC4 would be better for jazz and blues IMO. the MC is a great amp, but it's more for sheddier stuff.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
yer as itsa in the jsx line imagined it would be higher gain. Just saw the wpeavey windsor studio too, seems fairly versatile too, and has a 12" speaker.
If you're willing to put out $500 for the Mini Colossal, I suggest looking used and getting something 15-30 watts. A 5 watt won't have the clean headroom you'll need for jazz, and also will have a hard time getting into higher gain shred stuff. You've got a lot of options used for $500. Check your local craigslist.

EDIT: ^The Windsor Studio combo seems to not be as good as its bigger brother, and it doesn't have the cleans you're looking for.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by big fat donkey
yer as its in the jsx line imagined it would be higher gain. Just saw the Peavey Windsor studio too, seems fairly versatile too, and has a 12" speaker.

the Windsor is pretty much a one trick pony, although it does that trick very well. it is good for distorted tones, but it's clean is lacking or non existent, depending on who you ask.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
fair enough, i cant go higher volumes as im in a flat with noise hating neighbours so need an attenuator (want a built in one). So the vox ac4 the best option still
Quote by big fat donkey
fair enough, i cant go higher volumes as im in a flat with noise hating neighbours so need an attenuator (want a built in one). So the vox ac4 the best option still

i would say yes, if you;re only going to be playing jazz and blues stuff. if you;re going to be all over the place when you play (metaphorically, not literally), then look into the Fender Vibro Champ XD.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
played one of them quite a lot but doesnt have the power attenuator i need. And i really dont need all the effects, im one of those traditional players... dont like a lot of effects, a wah and a treble booster will do for me