hey Ug
does any1 know how much a custom jackson kelly would normally cost??
if its relevant
neck through
OFR
2 EMG Humbuckers
24 frets

thanks all
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
£2135.63...

Sorry, i just find it so hard to not post sometimes.
I think on their website they have a customs order form that can help you with this stuff?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Aug 17, 2009,
u dont have to be a jackass
i was just askin people who have done it before if they could give me an estimate
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I'm also interested in the general pricing of Jackson customs.

Not to thread hijack, but if I took one of the custom order forms to a Jackson dealer (Is GC one?) would they be able to give me an estimate on the spot, or would I have to send it in and wait?
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
I'd say anywhere form 3,500 to 5,000... If you want an exact number, write down all the specs and take it to a Jackson dealer. If you don't want to do that, go here http://www.jacksonguitars.com/customshop/specform/ . that should give you a ballpark estimate for what you want. you might just be better off buying a used KE2 and putting EMG's in it yourself. You can get a used KE2 from anywhere between 1,300 to 1,700 in perfect condition. and a set of emg's is pretty cheap.
thnks dude
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
thnks dude

No problem man. Jackson USA is my specialty you got any other questions, just ask
i would say its still worth asking jackson, u never know what sort of deals u can get
Quote by Archieisted
i would say its still worth asking jackson, u never know what sort of deals u can get

Jacksons Cutsom Shop is not the place to go looking for "deals". Any guitar that comes out of there is no doubt going to be a very, very high quality instrument. Though you'll be lucky to get a guitar with basic options from them for less that 2,500.
actually my cousin tried it
they said the basic thing was 1000$
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
actually my cousin tried it
they said the basic thing was 1000$

Your cousins probably lying to you. Jacksons USA guitars start at around 2,000 U.S.D there would be no way that they'd let a One-off Custom guitar go for less than a production model
Very very very basic Jackson CS guitars start at $4000+ (i'm talking about new ordered here, not NOS or showroom/NAMM models)
So I think that kelly will be between 4k and 4,5k
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by LP_CL
Very very very basic Jackson CS guitars start at $4000+ (i'm talking about new ordered here, not NOS or showroom/NAMM models)
So I think that kelly will be between 4k and 4,5k

If you're looking for a Jackson Kelly with EMGs, you can always buy the USA select series and swap out the duncans- but it would be such a waste to ditch those duncans- they are really very nice. Also, throwing EMGs into such a nice guitar kind of is a waste- nothing against the EMGs, but they sound the same in a $200 guitar and a $2000 guitar. At least the passives bring out some of that expensive wood you're buying
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
If you're looking for a Jackson Kelly with EMGs, you can always buy the USA select series and swap out the duncans- but it would be such a waste to ditch those duncans- they are really very nice. Also, throwing EMGs into such a nice guitar kind of is a waste- nothing against the EMGs, but they sound the same in a $200 guitar and a $2000 guitar. At least the passives bring out some of that expensive wood you're buying

My thoughts exactly!
+1
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Richmanofaction

HUGE +1

If you're going to get a custom, make sure you do something odd ball to the custom to make it worth the $4,000+ price tag. I always find it hilarious when the only thing people change in their customs is the pickups or number of frets. Hell, sometimes replacing MOP inlays with Abalone.