Finally got some money that I've been waiting for (actually I had it a year ago but my parents chose not to tell me, the bastards ) and I've decided to get some new kit. Budget is £200, not flexible at all.

What I would like, in order of importance:

EDIT: I know this should really go in the effects board but I want a pure bass perspective.

Suggestions please? I've been researching fuzz and overdrive pedals quite a lot recently but I can't find any in local shops so I can get a real feel for them. I don't expect to be all of them, just whatever fits my budget best.
    Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 17, 2009,
    For fuzz, I like the EHX Big Muff, although I do also REALLY like the MXR El Grande. With overdrive, I personally love my Ashdown LoMonzo Hyperdrive, & I'm also a fan of Blackstar pedals, there overdrive is awesome, a Digitech Bad Monkey would also be a good choice here. (a good website for fuzz demos is www.bassfuzz.com)

With wah, Timmy C uses a Dunlop Bass Crybaby, but other very good wahs are the Morley Dual wah & Snarling Dogs Bootzilla wah, alot of people are also fans of EBS & Budda wahs. The Morley TM Stevens wah is also a pedal that I'd love to try out.

The MXR Phase 90 is pretty much the standard for phasers, but the EHX Small Stone is pretty damn good.

When it comes to delay, there is alot to choose from, personally I really like the Digitech Digidelay that I'm using, but there are alot of other delays out there that I havn't been able to play, but alot of people like Boss, Eventide & Line 6 delays (although the Eventide & Line 6 are over £200 a peace)

Edit: Forgot, for straplocks, I think that Schaller are generally considered the best (I use them myself) & with straps, I'd generally go with something leather, I've been using a Dunlop Grommet strap, they're not built to take the weight of basses, mine's falling apart at the grommets after a year, I'm gonna pick up a new strap when I get some cash.
    Last edited by higgins666 at Aug 17, 2009,
    If you can find one, get a banjo strap. Seriously, I have one that's padded with sheepskin and it's the most comfortable thing ever. I modded it to be shorter ('cause I like short straps) and put some Dunlop Strap-Loks on it and it's the best strap ever.

The EH Small Stone sounds rather nice with guitar, but I imagine it sounds good with bass, too. I've heard that the Ibanez Weeping Demon is good, too, but I haven't tried one out since my ear for tone actually got good, so I don't have much to say, personally.
    Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
    Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
    Sansamp Bass Driver DI
    Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
    Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
    Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
    Last edited by t3hrav3n at Aug 17, 2009,
    I think I'll take the delay of the list, I think that was just GAS as I can't find anything wrong with the delay function on my Zoom B2.

Does anyone know anything about the EHX Worn? I.e does it work well with bass?
    i have a morley pro series II bass wah i might be selling, i really like the sound and it's really easy to use, much more than a crybaby, but you can't keep it on for tonal wah. You could have it for about £50?
    Sorry, no second hand stuff.

I've been looking at the EXH Bass Muff Pi and Worm, I'm pretty set on getting them. I;ve also seen the cheapest Jim Dunlop Wah but I don't know if it'll work with bass.

I think I'll make my own stap and locks, how hard can it be?
    Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 17, 2009,
    the most versatile fuzz is the Tentacle Love Superfuzz, IMO. an MXR Bass Blowtorch is a little easier to find, and also versatile.

I'm convinced the Weepind Demon is epic wah.

for straps, make your own.
    Quote by FatalGear41
    I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
    HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
    Quote by Spaz91
    Sorry, no second hand stuff.

I've been looking at the EXH Bass Muff Pi and Worm, I'm pretty set on getting them. I;ve also seen the cheapest Jim Dunlop Wah but I don't know if it'll work with bass.

I think I'll make my own stap and locks, how hard can it be?

you're planning on getting all of that stuff for £200 brand new? dream on mate]

And i wouldn't ^ a good strap is a tenner or a so, a set of strap locks is £12, how cheap are you? you can use the little rubber rings off grolsch bottles though, they're a cheap way of doing it.
    JD Wah £40, Bass Muff £50, Worm £60, Power supplies and cables £30ish.

Really I can't spend more than £60 on the wah to fit my budget.

Quote by budget bassist
    how cheap are you?

Its all too clear that we have not met