thats good. or put headphones in ur amp. or get something like the POD or the VAMP.
If you have an amp with a headphone jack, it'll probably sound better, but that would be great for practicing in a car or if you're traveling and can't take an amp. If I ever get some extra cash laying around I'll probably get one just in case.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Quote by squareimage
thats good. or put headphones in ur amp. or get something like the POD or the VAMP.

I don't have tons of cash to spare so im gonna return the microcube. get the amplug, and pocket the rest for better gear later. I just need to know which one you guys would recommend considering the music im gonna be practicing
el cheapo gear but it works
I use a Line 6 Pod plugged into my computer and headphones plugged into my computer speakers. With the Pod I have tons of amps and effects to choose from (it comes with Pod Farm software). For practicing quietly or recording I highly recommend it and its only around 100.00.
Just buy a good pair of headphones, as a general rule the more you shell out with headphones the better the sound quality you're going to get, running your guitar through a POD is probably the cheapest option, all though I've found the distorted tones from the POD through the headphones aren't quite as convincing as if you were running it through a good amp.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
so you made 2 threads on the same topic

go for the classic amplug or a multi effects with a headphone socket.

i know it`s line6 but it has effects you can use through headphones http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Express-Multi-Effects-Processor-105138622-i1425959.gc then you can get as close to authentic sounds as possible

a line 6 spider is good for quiet practice. they are decent at low vloumes, and just practicing alone. terrible for loud, live performance. just get a pair of headphones, and you're all set.

or even this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MS2-Mini-Amp?sku=482812

i have it for walking around the house annoying my family, and good for travel too (camping and hotels and such). not very good sound quality, but it is cheap.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by ibanezgod1973
so you made 2 threads on the same topic

go for the classic amplug or a multi effects with a headphone socket.

i know it`s line6 but it has effects you can use through headphones http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Express-Multi-Effects-Processor-105138622-i1425959.gc then you can get as close to authentic sounds as possible

ibanezgod1973, this is the model your refering to then
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-amPlug-Classic-Rock-Headphone-Amp-104915277-i1385632.gc
@ skoobey yep go for that 1 or the line 6 pocket pod that i linked to.

@a7xsteve i mentioned pocket pod not spider3...
nobody has yet mentioned the marshall ms-2. at a price like that you can't go wrong.
vox amplug does the job. that's what i use late at nite when my old lady is in bed.

it comes in 3 flavours, classic, rock, and metal. listen to the vox website to hear audio samples.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
thats what im talkin about man. I just want to make sure I get the model that suites the genres of music im gonna be practicing. thanks
I say for versatility, you may want to go with a pod 2.0 or a pocket pod. I know the 2.0's can be had on ebay for as cheap as $70.

If you want something simple, go for the amplug.

I have both a Metal amplug and a Line 6 podxt. I use the amplug on car rides or when I'm too lazy to grab a guitar cable.

I use the xt for creative purposes as well as silent jamming when I want a bit more editable features.
As others have said already, your best bet for playing quite is an ME pedal through headphones. Look into some of the older Digitech RP models, most places are blowing them out right now because the new ones just came out. I think you can pick up an RP350 for about $150 on Musicians Friend.
Quote by SKOOBEY
thats what im talkin about man. I just want to make sure I get the model that suites the genres of music im gonna be practicing. thanks

sorry man i didn't notice the link in your original post.

i was a bit inaccurate with my description of the different types. anyway i got the 'ac30' model because i'm more into the clean tones, it does a very good job. you may prefer the classic rock.

have a listen, it should be just what you need.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
your microcube has a audio out/record out port, but you will need a converter for a 1/4 > 1/8 to get normal headphones to plug in. While returning your microcube for a cheaper headphones only thing, this route is available for a few bucks more and you can keep your amp.

i have a 3 or 5 foot cable that connects my microcube to my computer's line in and the computer is then hooked up into a headphones and it works great with as much volume as my ears can tolerate.
Try the Vox JamVox, its a modelling unit that u use with your PC and you can use headphones too. Its a really good piece of kit and will allow u to model different amps and has built in recording facilities too
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by iampeter
your microcube has a audio out/record out port, but you will need a converter for a 1/4 > 1/8 to get normal headphones to plug in. While returning your microcube for a cheaper headphones only thing, this route is available for a few bucks more and you can keep your amp.

i have a 3 or 5 foot cable that connects my microcube to my computer's line in and the computer is then hooked up into a headphones and it works great with as much volume as my ears can tolerate.

this. you'll regret selling the mc. I love using it for quiet practice when I can't crank my 30 watt tube amp. It can play at almost whisper volumes. Especially if you roll the tone knobs high
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah