I was talking with someone in a game online, I told them I played Guitar and had a Digitech Whammy pedal. He told me that if I corroded one of the cable tips it would produce some kind of effect. Is this true? Or is the guy trying to make me **** up my amp?
My gear:
Squier Stratocaster with Killswitch
Peavey Vypyr 15 Amplifier
1995 Yamaha PSR-420 Keyboard
Digitech Whammy Pedal
VOX V847a Wah Pedal.
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
He's trying to make you corrdode your cable. Google or youtube it to see if you can find any sound clips or videos. If you cant just get the cheapest possible cable and see for yourself.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
It would probably give you the effect of not working. Never listen to an online gamer.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
yeah, it will probably produce some kind of effect, can't say it would be good, or not break your cable/pedal

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Oosh.
He's trying to make you corrdode your cable. Google or youtube it to see if you can find any sound clips or videos. If you cant just get the cheapest possible cable and see for yourself.

I just googled and youtubed it, nothing. Probably not a good idea to do it then.
My gear:
Squier Stratocaster with Killswitch
Peavey Vypyr 15 Amplifier
1995 Yamaha PSR-420 Keyboard
Digitech Whammy Pedal
VOX V847a Wah Pedal.
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
Quote by Mr. B.
It would probably give you the effect of not working. Never listen to an online gamer.

I'm an online gamer
But yeah, I probably wouldn't do it, it might sound crackly or fuzzy because the signal isn't transferred as well but I don't think it would do any damage to your amp or guitar (too bad about the lead though)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Don't do it, it's just not useful, you're just going to get crack-y sounds, but that's all, there's no point in doing it...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...