hi, im new..
i have an ibanez rgr but it's bit heavy in weight to gig with. so i'm looking for a guitar with kind of similar sound and is not that heavy in weight. But i'm still a beginner and don't know where to look. I already tested an LTD ec-50. I like the sound and shape (and price) of it, but i'm not overexcited by this one. Does anyone has some advice for me?
really? A basswood body guitar 'too heavy to gig with'
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
If a basswood body guitar is too heavy to gig with, try an ibanez S series guitar, they are really thin and light, but get thicker around the pups.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
If a basswood body guitar is too heavy to gig with, try an ibanez S series guitar, they are really thin and light, but get thicker around the pups.

Yes, but then they are mahogany bodies, so offset slightly by heavier wood. Im not precisely sure which would come out top in the mass/density equation though
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I think your solution would be to do more pushups and squats to be honest, if basswood guitars are heavy for you, I think bulking up would be a better solution than buying a new guitar.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by chimpinatux
Yes, but then they are mahogany bodies, so offset slightly by heavier wood. Im not precisely sure which would come out top in the mass/density equation though

They are a good deal lighter and not as bulky as RGs.
pushups?
im a girl, i don't like pushups

I have an Rgr 321. I really like the LTD EC/Gibson models. Isn't there a guitarbrand that comes close to a good clean & heavy rocksound with this kind of model?
My pricerange is around 300 (I don't mind if it's a used guitar)

just found out about ibanez art series. maybe worth to try?
Last edited by selma301 at Aug 17, 2009,