Hi
I only started playing guitar in January, which is odd as I have always loved guitar music. I started off with a very low budget guitar + amp set (link to the actual one is http://www.musicland.co.uk/products/707) as I didn't want to spend lots of money to find out that guitar was not for me. I'm now trying to figure out what I really need to upgrade my sound, a good amp is obviously more important than pedals but I'm really not sure what to look for in an amp, I'm not even sure how much I should be spending to get an amp that can take me to the next level, I was thinking around the £100 mark? Any help would be appreciated, maybe a point in the right direction to some fairly decent, but not massively expensive amps, pedals etc. Or even just advise on what to get next be it a new guitar amp or pedal. Thanks
Last edited by trippinsh!t at Aug 17, 2009,
massive wall of text

vox vt?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Paragraphs....

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That was a huge wall of text.
Peavey Vypyr?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Paragraphs

+zillion

really, your background doesnt matter that much. most people will open thread, see a wall of text which they dont really want to read and go away

if you love it that much, i'd go somewhere more than 100 pounds. treat your ears and fingers with respect - spend as much as you can and you wont regret it
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

pedals are stupid
Like the other guy said, Vox VT series seems like a good choice.
i have the old version of the Vox VT and its great but ive heard good things about the Peavey Vypyr aswell, and the line 6 spiders arent bad but i just dnt like the look of them so id have to recommend the Vox since its the only 1 ive played
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
no spiders

pedals are stupid
I have a Spider and a VT sitting downstairs...go for the VT unless you big into heavy distortion. The Spider can't get a rock tone worth ****.
ive shortend my original post to make it seem less like an essay. will have a look into some of the suggestions. thanks!