i suppose it would depend on the gauge of your strings, the more tension the moer the neck is going to bend more stress on the bridge etc etc, thinner strings will snap earlier but thicker strings will put too much tension
~Defiant~
yeah, get a set of 8's for a 6 string guitar, use that for 1-6. then use whatever gauge string for your 7th string
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I don't think there'd be any damage if you only tune a half-step or whole step up. They wouldnt make the standard tuning one half-step lower, from the strings breaking, if you know what I mean.
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by metalcorefan
If i get any neck bending wouldn't a truss rod agjustment fix that?

if you did what i said, there wouldn't be problems (except maybe intonation)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
if you did what i said, there wouldn't be problems (except maybe intonation)

They don't sell 8 string packs
Quote by metalcorefan
They don't sell 8 string packs

no, a set of 8's as in gauge, not number of strings
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
no, a set of 8's as in gauge, not number of strings

Ohh thought you ment a pack of 8 (strings) I used to break 8's alot do you think I would have a problem with 9's?
There are some multi FX units that support "emulation" of alternate tunings with very good results. I know Zoom G series support this feature.