ive got a gretsch electromatic and i badly need to change the strings on it. obviously it makes sense to put gretsch strings on it but my closest music shop doesnt have them, so im wondering if it makes any difference if i put regular ernie ball strings on it? thanks
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
You don't need to match guitar brand with the same brand of strings. Brian Setzer plays Gretsch guitars with D'addario strings. Other people don't match Gibson or Fender guitars with the same strings. It will be just fine with Ernie Ball strings. I recommend something other than Ernie Ball as they get dull sounding faster than any string I've tried.
ok thanks, what strings would you reccommend?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
I personnaly dont see anything wrong with EB's...but Elixers are amazing quality, verrry long lasting...and Dunlop strings are good all-rounders in my book.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
tell the sales guy you want a set of 9's in either one of these 3 companies: D'addario, Ernie Ball, or Elixer. I recomend ernie ball
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Aug 17, 2009,
if you like EB's but wear them out quickly, try the EB coated. Same tone but longer lasting
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}