Hi im thinking of buying this guitar and would like to know about its quality. Is it really on par with MIA jacksons? Im want to buy used a rr and normally a usa sl-1 goes for 1500-1700$ and the price of this japanese professional rr is about 1000$. The prices may change the guitars can be expensive in my country so just look for price differences in percentages. Also how is guitar wood? They are poplar tree and i dont know its quality...I has emg 81-85 on it, 22 frets, jt 590 bridge, neck thru, ebony fretboard, mop inlays etc. If you can comment on all the parts and general quality and also the price i would be really happy thanks
It was on par with MIA Jacksons back THEN. By that I mean that Jackson MIA wasn't as top notch as it was in the 80's and as they were in the late nineties and after. The MIJ Jacksons then absolutely were increadably good, that is also the reason why they were considdered better then the MIA's. 1000$ for a 93 RR professional with these specs is fair, but not an exceptional good deal (except when it is in mint condition offcourse). You might be able to drop the price to 900$.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Jackson Professionals from the early 90s are usually pretty high quality instruments. I would def. play it before you buy it, and since its an RR check the tail end of the wings for any dings and dents. Make sure the hardware is in good condition, and that the inlays really are mother of pearl.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/thumbnails.php?album=62

This may help you- its Jackson's 1993 product catalog- click around the website too if the Professional series isn't there. I saw an older professional series V at sam ash recently- it was selling for 800 bucks, 1000 seems a bit steep in my opinion...but it should be a great guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Well the price would be high if i lived in the usa but i live in turkey and guitars are priced like 1.5-2 times more than the usa price so if it was in usa the real price would be like 650 dollars lets say. anyway what about the quality of the parts? also LP_CL you said they were on par back then...have american jacksons really made a jump in years because i saw a comparison of a 93 jackson pro and 97 usa rr1 and they were really similar.
I have more question. The body wood seems to be poplar...Is it a problem? Ive heard both good and bad things about poplar wood. I can't imagine to find a bad wood in a guitar this expensive so what are your thoughts?
Quote by Vittu0666
It's essentially a cheaper version of alder.

does it mean it sounds bad or anything? it can be cheap its ok but i cant imagine jackson putting a crap wood to a 1500$ + guitar.
Quote by blind.quardian
does it mean it sounds bad or anything? it can be cheap its ok but i cant imagine jackson putting a crap wood to a 1500$ + guitar.

Don't be scared. In every kind of wood you have crap wood and good wood. GOod poplar will be just as good as good mahogany/good alder/good basswood, but different. You can be sure that Jackson wont use anything crappy on a 1500$ guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Don't be scared. In every kind of wood you have crap wood and good wood. GOod poplar will be just as good as good mahogany/good alder/good basswood, but different. You can be sure that Jackson wont use anything crappy on a 1500$ guitar.

i hope so... thanks.