It comes with a SD Invader in the neck (from experience I really don't like the invaders) and a SD Full Shred SH-10 (something I have no experience with) in the bridge.

Now assuming I don't like the SH-10 in the bridge I wanted to get a whole new set of pups.

I play a lot of metal. Some of my favorite bands and influences are Death, Trivium, Megadeth, Sepultura, Metallica, Slayer, Machine Head, CoB, etc.

I was thinking I'd get something like a DiMarzio X2N for the bridge and a DiMarzio Air Norton for the neck.

Also I've heard great things about the BKP Nailbomb as a bridge pup. Info?

Thoughts?
Advice?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I'd go with a set of BK painkillers myself. I've heard nothing but incredible results from those.

*edit*

I know the people at BK are very customer friendly. If you send them an email explaining your guitar and your needs, I'm sure they can tell you if the painkiller or nailbomb is best for you.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by Mark G
I'd go with a set of BK painkillers myself. I've heard nothing but incredible results from those.

*edit*

I know the people at BK are very customer friendly. If you send them an email explaining your guitar and your needs, I'm sure they can tell you if the painkiller or nailbomb is best for you.

Hm maybe I will call in.

I like the X2N though because I know Chuck Schuldiner used it throughout his career and has proven it to be a metal weapon of mass destruction.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Hm maybe I will call in.

I like the X2N though because I know Chuck Schuldiner used it throughout his career and has proven it to be a metal weapon of mass destruction.

I'm not a fan of his tone, but that's subjective really. The X2N is a commonly used pickup so I'm sure it'll serve you well. I do think a custom handwound pickup from BK is better, but also more expensive.

*edit*

I personally also liked the Seymour duncan Jazz/jb combo.
WTLTL 2011
Just out of curiousity what's the difference between the Nailbomb and the Painkiller?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Just out of curiousity what's the difference between the Nailbomb and the Painkiller?

I'm not even sure I just know two of my friends decided to go for the Painkillers and their sound is beyond amazing. I'm sure the BK folks can answer that question for you though.

*edit*

PRS with Painkillers, from Erocks youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vo_N_L15fE&feature=related
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
I'm not even sure I just know two of my friends decided to go for the Painkillers and their sound is beyond amazing. I'm sure the BK folks can answer that question for you though.

*edit*

PRS with Painkillers, from Erocks youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vo_N_L15fE&feature=related

Thanks

and does BKP ship to the US?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Mark G
Yeah

Awesome

But yeah.

If do go with a BKP then it's a tough decision between the Nailbomb or Painkiller. I really need to look into the differences and compare them closely.

Besides that does anyone want to throw in suggestions or advice for a neck pup?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Did you play the Invader in a darker wood? (ex. Mahogany). I heard they sound like ass in darker woods but sound great in brighter woods (ex. Alder, which the WR1 is made out of I'm pretty sure?).

Your pickup selections were good in the first post. I love the Air Norton. It's a great pickup.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Did you play the Invader in a darker wood? (ex. Mahogany). I heard they sound like ass in darker woods but sound great in brighter woods (ex. Alder, which the WR1 is made out of I'm pretty sure?).

Your pickup selections were good in the first post. I love the Air Norton. It's a great pickup.

Yeah I love the the kind of "cream" or "smooth" sound it gives off. Idk, something about that tone.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Just dropped BKP an email. Hopefully they'll get back to me.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
bump
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
bump!
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Chill out with the bumpage, the BKP's are killer pickups.

The Painkiller is more geard toward heavy, drop tuned guitars (or not). It's mainly for that low-end thump metal, while the nailbomb is a bit more balanced giving you loads of output but keeping more mids. This decision is mainly, do you like ceramic pickups or alnico ones. The Painkiller has a ceramic magnet while the Nailbomb has a alnico magnet if I'm not mistaken. If I just used that guitar for balls out metal then I'd get the Painkiller but if I wanted it to be more versatile then Nailbombs. Ceramic magnet are typically used in pickups geared for use of more gain while alnico ones are a bit more balanced sounding and organic. But I'd prefer vintage output BKP's myself.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."