on Wednesday in Speech and Debate, we have to do a 5 min "How to" presentation on how to do whatever we want, i want to do something with guitar, maybe have someone else come up and i instruct them on what to do

if i play the guitar myself, i will probably do some type of technique
if i get someone else to play, i will have something very simple (like smoke on the water) song or technique

i would prefer to do it with someone else cus she said she would give extra credit if we could include the audience in our presentation
any suggestions?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
know anybody else in your class thats half-decent with a guitar? you could try to have them sort of narrate. just pull them aside really quick and go "tell them what fretting is, i'm playing a G major chord, point out the parts of the guitar (tuners, horn, pickups) etc." audience participation is tough since not everybody might know what you're doing or why.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
know anybody else in your class thats half-decent with a guitar? you could try to have them sort of narrate. just pull them aside really quick and go "tell them what fretting is, i'm playing a G major chord, point out the parts of the guitar (tuners, horn, pickups) etc." audience participation is tough since not everybody might know what you're doing or why.

its a pretty small class, and no one that i know of can play, thats why i was thinking just pick someone and i somewhat teach and explain them a really easy song (smoke on the water), power chords, ... something very simple. my only problem so far is what can be taught in 5 min
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

your idea will bore everyone not involved to death in about 30 seconds

"we`ll just sit here whilst he gives a guitar lesson for 5 minutes giving all this jargon that we don`t understand.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "
Quote by ibanezgod1973
your idea will bore everyone not involved to death in about 30 seconds

"we`ll just sit here whilst he gives a guitar lesson for 5 minutes giving all this jargon that we don`t understand.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "

thats why i get like the teacher or someone to play, and there is only two other guys in the class, so death isn't that appealing

...maybe ill just stand up there and solo for 5 min, or show how to properly solo

edit: oops, miss read your post...hahahah
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Last edited by Clutch32192 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by Clutch32192
thats why i get like the teacher or someone to play, and there is only two other guys in the class, so death isn't that appealing

...maybe ill just stand up there and solo for 5 min, or show how to properly solo

edit: oops, miss read your post...hahahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_BXIGibJ7k

that`s the only way you`ll win
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 17, 2009,
Maybe you could give a presentation on the different kinds of guitars instead of how to play on. That way, you can involve a lot of cool pictures and maybe include a few videos of awesome playing.
A person did this in my communications class and it bored the hell out of me, and I play guitar.

If I were to do present a "how to" with a guitar though, I would burn time talking about different string gauges and show them how to change a couple strings.

That would be quick and easy for an audience member to do as well. Easily 5 minutes in that.
If I was you I'd go with what you said, show someone how to strum a chord or something. then at the end do a face-melting solo. that way you can take about 2 minutes showing how to strum, 2 of the person doing it, and then 1 minute solo.

A+ for you!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Idk sounds like it'd bore most people if you don't let them play it or something. So do something with that
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt