How good is it?
Will it be good for getting a wide range of tones?
How loud does it get?
Would it be better to get it over a Peavey Vypyr 30?
Sending a dummy to my God.

It's a vox so it's going to be pretty good. Id recommend trying it out before you buy. It is more for bedroom levels though whereas the Peavey is very very loud. So if you want to gig i'd recommend the peavey or something similar.
Peavey is not tube though, so it won't sound as good.
But this would be better for practice because you can crank it right up and make the most of the tubes.
It has good cleans at low end and breaks up a bit when cranked. You can always add pedals to boost the drive, and expand the tonal range.
Last edited by tom_martin_123 at Aug 17, 2009,
they are excellent amps for almost everything (jazz, blues, classic rock, funk, disco, pop) except newer metal. it can do stuff like Sabbath, but it can;t do stuff like Priest or Maiden. with an OD, you might be able to push it into metal territory.

personally, i would get it over a vypyr. but if you're going to be playing mostly metal, get the vypyr.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
they are excellent amps for almost everything (jazz, blues, classic rock, funk, disco, pop) except newer metal. it can do stuff like Sabbath, but it can;t do stuff like Priest or Maiden. with an OD, you might be able to push it into metal territory.

personally, i would get it over a vypyr. but if you're going to be playing mostly metal, get the vypyr.

+1 to all this. Great amp for most sounds, just wouldn't use it for really modern stuff like newer metal.