Just about 4 days ago i got my 2009 Gibson alpine white les paul studio, and ive played it probably an hour? everyday since i got it and yesterday when i was cleaning it up(Which i do whenever im done playing) I noticed where my arm rests it was sorta different color, its only noticable in certain light thoug, i cant tell if it was lighter or darker then the rest of the guitar so i dont know. Is this normal? should i be worried about this and take it to guitar center? Its only been 4 days with it!
Guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine white
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
I've heard that the alpine white tends to fade more quickly than other Gibson finishes, but 4 days sounds alittle too quick
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
That's quite normal. There are two problems you're going to come across, one which applies to all nitro-finish guitars and one which is specific for guitars with white nitro finishes.

Problem #1: As your hands and arms come in contact with the finish, dead skin cells will stick to it. If it ever looks like there's a slightly light, dull substance on your guitar in places you frequently touch - that's what that is. You can clean it off with a microfibre cloth, but it's a bit pointless since it'll be back on there the next time you play, and if you try to clean it to vigorously you can leave imprints in the finish. Just leave it.
Problem #2 for white finishes: aside from the fact white finishes show signs of aging quicker than other finishes, they can also be stained very easily. Certain chemicals used to treat rubber, plastic and some types of leather can permanently stain the finish, leaving large yellow/brown stains on the guitar which you can literally never get rid of, unless you strip all the paint off and have the guitar completely re-finished. For this reason you've got to be very careful how you handle and treat guitars that have white nitro finishes; keep it in it's case, don't put it on a guitar stand, don't use straps with plastic or rubber coatings, don't use leather straps unless it's uncoated leather, and if you do have to put the guitar on a guitar stand or you are for whatever reason forced to let it come into contact with rubber, plastic or treated leather, put a microfibre cloth in between the surface and the guitar so the two aren't directly touching. Even just six or seven minutes in contact with one of these problem chemicals can cause a life-long perminant mark on the guitar.

Congratulations on having a white LP, they look damn fine - just go stock up on microfibre cloths and be prepared to pay extra attention to how you handle it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
well as they have clear coat over them after im abit stumped, ive known problems where the paint has rubbed down after about a year but not anything after 4 days, could you post up some pics for us dude mite help us diagnose the problem easier
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
alright here ill put pictures up in a second...
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
damn..that kinda puts me off, i was planning on getting the same guitar once i get the money...it shouldnt be too much to worry about though.

on another note : BLOODY HELL!!! You must be loaded to have a Les Paul Custom, and a Frankenstrat(thats the $25,000 one right?) If I had that kind of money....
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]

Kinda hard to see but you can still see it, idk maybe im overreacting. Sorry for the image quality im using the camera on my 3GS.
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
Quote by JAHellraiser
damn..that kinda puts me off, i was planning on getting the same guitar once i get the money...it shouldnt be too much to worry about though.

on another note : BLOODY HELL!!! You must be loaded to have a Les Paul Custom, and a Frankenstrat(thats the $25,000 one right?) If I had that kind of money....

he has a studio.... and frankenstrat is a term many use to describe a pieced together strat. often worth very little.
Quote by JAHellraiser

Lol no its studio, and its not THE fender frankenstrat, its a fender american stratocaster which i painted, reliced and everything to be like eddies, I acutally think its better then the fender one
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
I had a white standard one time and one time I was playing and I was sweaty and dirty and it got a permanent nasty brownish spot on it and I tried wiping it off and it was just there for good
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Theres a white standard?
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
Quote by DarkStarzInc.
Lol no its studio, and its not THE fender frankenstrat, its a fender american stratocaster which i painted, reliced and everything to be like eddies, I acutally think its better then the fender one

ahh my bad haha. anyway how the LP custom play? is it worth the almost $4000 price tag?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Mayonaise 812
i think the alpine white has a nitro finish.
All Gibsons do.

Quote by DarkStarzInc.
Theres a white standard?
There used to be, it had chrome hardware and the Standard inlays, opposed to the gold hardware and Custom inlays of the LP Customs.

Quote by DarkStarzInc.

Kinda hard to see but you can still see it, idk maybe im overreacting. Sorry for the image quality im using the camera on my 3GS.
Just looks like the usual skin cell thing. That's completely normal and will happen every time you play the guitar so no point worrying about it.

Wait for the finish to start cracking in a year's time, then you can have fun freaking out.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by JAHellraiser
ahh my bad haha. anyway how the LP custom play? is it worth the almost $4000 price tag?

I got the studio but my uncle has a 87 lp custom so ive played them and they are defiantly nice! but theyre not as versatile as the lp studios, lower out put pikups i say its better for classic rock, stock. But i prefer the studio stock
Guitars
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
Quote by willwelsh816
¿¿¿ǝbpǝ ǝɥʇ uo ɟɟnʇs ǝ1dɹnd ǝɥʇ ʇı sı

"is it the purple stuff on the edge???"

1 - Yes.

2 - Why are you using fliptext instead of typing like a normal person? Its harder to read and kind of annoying. Am I missing out on something and you actually have a reason for doing that, or are you just being strange?
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
Quote by The_Future_Soon
"is it the purple stuff on the edge???"

1 - Yes.

2 - Why are you using fliptext instead of typing like a normal person? Its harder to read and kind of annoying. Am I missing out on something and you actually have a reason for doing that, or are you just being strange?

He's just being an idiot annoying. He's also spamming while fliptexting. And it is a pain to have to flip my laptop over every time I want to read his posts.
^be glad your laptop can flip.Us regular computer types just use 2% more brain power reading that.Thanks willwelsh,I was saving that 2% until my wedding!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.