O.o when I pick sitting down I tend to rest my palm against the bridge the entire time and I was wondering if that would screw me over later....... I tried practicing standing today and my picking was all messed up couldent pick as fast or consistantly is it just the way that I am practicing or is it the position of the guitar
Hmm not really ,were you kind of palm muting the strings. I was the same ,i was picking fast and playing sweeps sitting down fine but when i stood up they sounded like crap ,adjut the strap on your guitar so its higher up ,dont worry how you look just practice and gradually lower it
I have no idea about the first part (I do that same thing), but playing standing up at first is different because the guitar is in a different position to you.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Try practicing more while standing. You'll get used to it. I too was slow and kind of sloppy but now it's good
will move it higher I was careful about that to begin with I have the guitar at about my waist and I managed not to mute any of the strings while resting my palm against the bridge unless i needed to its just that if I dont rest my palm on the bridge I cant pick as fast :p
Ive been practicing for about 8 months ive just never had any real lessons so I only know what I have in my books the big downer here is that I dont know what my bad habits are
Quote by Alucard33592
Ive been practicing for about 8 months ive just never had any real lessons so I only know what I have in my books the big downer here is that I dont know what my bad habits are

If you have money for lessons, get them. They'll help you a lot.

As for the picking standing up vs sitting down, its always a little different starting out. You'll get used to it, just practice more standing up than sitting down.