Alright, so I got this pedal as a gift (it was my first pedal btw) and I've had it for a while. Im somewhat dissatisfied with the tone though; the wah sound isn't very dramatic. Imagine if you mouthed the wah sound, I want a full, open-mouthed sound, but the sound im getting is like if you only open your mouth a little bit. Im looking for sort of a claptonesque sound, and i was wondering if maybe it's because im not using an adaptor or something, or if thats just how this particular wah sounds, in which case is it worth it to sell it for a better one (i've been looking at the vox one) although it might be a little tricky since it was a gift from my dad. Help is appreciated
mod it. replace the stock inductor with a Halo ,Whipple or Fasel. then, change the resistor (?) next to it. i believe it's 33k, raise the value of this component. the higher the value, the more your sound will be like a "Woah" and less like a "Wah". These are the easiest mods i can think of.

modding your wah is much better than selling it, because you won't lose as much money. if you sell a wah you bought for $80, you're going to have to sell it for $60. there's a $20 loss right there. then to get a better wah, you'r going to have to spend at least $125, another $65 loss, for a better wah then the GCB-95. for $65, you could replace all fot he components in your wah for the best quality parts available.

EDIT:
http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/WahMod.htm
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm

these are two excellent and detailed sites on how to mod your wah. (google search took me 2 secs, BTW )
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 17, 2009,
there's stuff you can do to your own wah if you'd like to mod the tone a bit. most people say that about the original crybaby. but you could get a new wah, i'd buy yours for 45 shipped if you'd like and are in the u.s. but if you'd like you can mod it yourself. i'll post a few helpful links if you'd like
Quote by Jhachey22
mod it. replace the stock inductor with a Halo ,Whipple or Fasel. then, change the resistor (?) next to it. i believe it's 33k, raise the value of this component. the higher the value, the more your sound will be like a "Woah" and less like a "Wah". These are the easiest mods i can think of.

modding your wah is much better than selling it, because you won't lose as much money. if you sell a wah you bought for $80, you're going to have to sell it for $60. there's a $20 loss right there. then to get a better wah, you'r going to have to spend at least $125, another $65 loss, for a better wah then the GCB-95. for $65, you could replace all fot he components in your wah for the best quality parts available.

EDIT:
http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/WahMod.htm
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm

these are two excellent and detailed sites on how to mod your wah. (google search took me 2 secs, BTW )

Haha, you're talking like I actually know anything about modding. No, my family still lives in the stone age, we can't even figure out how to make computers work. Are there people who would do that for not too much money?

@blandguitar: I don't really feel like selling it, but thanks for the advice.
Quote by blandguitar
if you're in south jersey i'll mod it for you

Nope, other side of the country, but thanks though.
Quote by twsyb123
Haha, you're talking like I actually know anything about modding. No, my family still lives in the stone age, we can't even figure out how to make computers work. Are there people who would do that for not too much money?

@blandguitar: I don't really feel like selling it, but thanks for the advice.

it's actually quite easy. when i started modding my stuff, i found it quite daunting as well, but if you take it slowly, one step at a time, then you should be fine. the only time people run into problems is when they rush things. this can:
a) make you miss a step
b) damage or remove a component
c)mess up the circuit
d) make you burn yourself (not fun at all)

like i said, take your time and you'll be fine. hey that rhymes.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.